Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

3 models I must finish!!!

Guiddy
08-15-2001, 05:01 PM
I am going to take Warren's approach and finish some alomost ready models now I shall have somewhere to put them!!!

These are the 3 I have selected to get on with as soon as/whilst I am finishing the WRX...

Guiddy
08-15-2001, 05:03 PM
The Volvo first....

Just needs a few more coats of lacquer and the interior completing! This should be very easy and quick and will look great next to the Saloon 850 I also have!
Great model, and looks so low!

Guiddy
08-15-2001, 05:06 PM
The Alfa was hit with 'early model' syndrome, i.e. before I learnt the benefits of keying the platic pior to painting!
The paint hadn't gripped the plastic well enough, so when I masked it to do the black, the tape pulled the paint off with it! Grrrrrrr!:mad:

I'll probably redo the body on this one as that is the best part!
It will benefit from the knowledge aquired since starting this kit!!!

Guiddy
08-15-2001, 05:08 PM
Finally, the Mitsubishi Lancer from the Monte Carlo Rally, 1994 just needs suspension adding, no problem!
This kit also recieved bigger brakes suitable for a Tarmac rally, so they need to be customised.
The lacquer also yellowed a bit over the years, and so will want repolishing!

I hope to stick with these kits and bring you completed shots soon...

primera man
08-15-2001, 07:19 PM
Remember when that Wagon first came out for the BTCC ??........It was like...WTF :confused: :confused: ...LOL

Jay!
08-15-2001, 07:50 PM
Did you forget to put a pic of the Lancer? I see it hiding behind the Volvo. Is it shy? :hehe:

Guiddy
08-16-2001, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Silver S2000
Did you forget to put a pic of the Lancer? I see it hiding behind the Volvo. Is it shy? :hehe:

Couldn't be bothered!!!:rolleyes:

ales
08-16-2001, 02:45 AM
Are the light and dark blue stripes on the Alfa decals or are they painted on? I love the car :)

Guiddy
08-16-2001, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by ales
Are the light and dark blue stripes on the Alfa decals or are they painted on? I love the car :)

Decals, lacquered over. Great colour scheme isn't it?;)

ales
08-16-2001, 04:44 AM
:p :p :p :p :p :p

yes it is :) The word Focus comes to mind :)

primera man
08-16-2001, 07:17 AM
That Alfa would have to be one of my favorite's i've done.
They just have that "look" to them as if they are born to kick arse :devil: :devil:

Guiddy
08-16-2001, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by primera man
That Alfa would have to be one of my favorite's i've done.
They just have that "look" to them as if they are born to kick arse :devil: :devil:

As do most of the German Touring Cars! They know how to build spectacular looking race cars!!!:D

Add your comment to this topic!