Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turboxs Bv

subl1minal
05-09-2006, 11:12 PM
I got a turboxs bypass valve from a friend, this model:
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400350+311294&autoview=sku

I was wondering how to install it... it looks like the stock POV is bolted to the manifold!!!! can anyone help???

Cody

DeleriousZ
05-09-2006, 11:56 PM
did it not come with install instructions?

that's more of a bypass valve than a blowoff valve...

first thing you do is buy a 1" npt plug and remove the stock pov... then to install that you find somewhere between the compressor and throttle body to weld it into (i'm assuming you still have the stock charge pipe, so you can remove the line that runs to the drivers side pcv, get a plug for that, as well as a breather filter to attach to the valve cover... next you find someone to weld the rec valve (or bov as you call it) onto the charge pipe... then you find a vacuum source from behind the throttle body and tee into it, run a line to the barb on the rec valve. and if you're going to use it as a bov that will do.

now if you're going to use it like it was intended to, you take the vent side of the valve, attach a hose to it and run that hose into the intake piping after the MAF. there's a vacuum line on there you can get rid of by removing the charcoal canister that should work alright.

any questions?

subl1minal
05-10-2006, 12:17 AM
yeah i'm using it as a rec valve, i called it a bypass valve in the post above. sorry :)

xXxRocker5150
05-11-2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=521067

Go to that thread, and I believe that there are pictures of my engine bay (if not on the first page there will be one of the others). In that picture you can see where the BOV was welded into the throttle body, and tapped into the boost source at the rear of the plenum.

xXxRocker5150
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
ohhh, speaking of which, delerious man, the canister in the back of my plenum isn't connected... should I reconect it and if so where does the fucker lead to???

DeleriousZ
05-12-2006, 01:48 AM
canister at the back of the plenum? the rear passenger side saucer shaped thing?? that'd be the egr..

xXxRocker5150
05-12-2006, 02:07 PM
^yeap, that's exactly what it is... okay, well I haven't really looked in my hanes manual yet but what does that sucker do anyways, and what will be the effects if it's unplugged... I was under the impression that it was there to regulate emissions and stuf...

DeleriousZ
05-12-2006, 08:27 PM
yep... emissions stuff... allows some exhaust to be let back into the intake plenum

xXxRocker5150
05-12-2006, 09:24 PM
will it make my car run rich??? because I've been having problems with my car running rich.

DeleriousZ
05-13-2006, 12:57 PM
hmm i'm not sure... people remove it without any problems, so i shouldn't think so... how rich are you running?

xXxRocker5150
05-13-2006, 01:45 PM
^I'm not sure, can you give me some symptoms of how much??? Like, the car kinda flutters a lil' at idle (me thinking that there's maybe unburned gas in the exhaust) and the car's gas smells pretty strong too...

DeleriousZ
05-13-2006, 06:23 PM
black smoke out the exhaust would be a dead giveaway... the car smelling of gas is most likely a seep somewhere... should try tightening up all of your fuel hose clamps...

ExTrEmEDrIfT
05-13-2006, 10:21 PM
eh leave it off .. its just not going to recirculate the unburned exhaust gasses again ...

Add your comment to this topic!