Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

integ ls owners...

genax
07-22-2002, 06:52 AM
Been driving a fairly stock ls engine (other then intake,exhaust). Just hit the 100,000 plus mark, was wondering how long would this engine run before it shows signs of major degrade (where engine swap is a consideration). i am new in terms of car-anything. I need some help, my email is jy_7@yahoo.com. I want to get a new engine, if not work with what i have. I have lots of questions to ask (from seattle). if you have the patience can you help this newbs out.

pyter400
07-22-2002, 12:04 PM
I was where you are about a month ago yes 100000 the motor is starting to lose its edge the best thing you can do is read. go to team-integra.net check out there articles section it has everything you could ever think of after you done getting what you can out of that then start asking questions here and there they have forums too and its just teggeys so they can be more specific

pyter400
07-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Almost forgot you have to regester at Team-integra for the forums and articles to open up kinda like at af.

spotovi
07-23-2002, 08:59 AM
I have 210 000 Km on my car. It's high. I just started to mod it a bit and it seems ok. I kept up the motor but I'm sure the ware of it shows on a dyno or something like that. I can't tell really. It seems faster to me because of my mods.

An engine swap will be when my motors blows. That will be the sign for me. :-)

Regards,
Spotovi

genax
07-24-2002, 06:31 PM
for helping me out. 210,000k. that sounds like alot, about how many miles is that/

spotovi
07-25-2002, 07:33 AM
That's 130488 miles. Woo that is a lot. I guess I'm lucky to have this motor work well considering all the miles on it. Does anyone know how many miles these motors can handle before it has to be reworked? Does anyone have a record they want to share?

Regards,
Spotovi

whtteg
07-29-2002, 07:01 PM
NOt that it appilies specifically to the intgera engine but i kow a guy who had a 91 accord and had a little over 330,000 miles on it. sadly he was rear ended and the insurance totaled it out b/c of the high miles :( I was wanting to see how long it would go. But it ran smooth and strong and didn't leak anything or burn any oil. :)

spotovi
07-30-2002, 09:57 AM
whtteg NOt that it appilies specifically to the intgera engine but i kow a guy who had a 91 accord and had a little over 330,000 miles on it. sadly he was rear ended and the insurance totaled it out b/c of the high miles I was wanting to see how long it would go. But it ran smooth and strong and didn't leak anything or burn any oil.

Wow that's huge miles. I had an 85 Golf, base model, with 400 000 Kms. I sold it to some kid after. He was happy as hell. I seen it around for a few years after than. I only hope my car makes it in its old age.
I think I'll get it reworked if I feel I have to baby it when I drive it around. I'm a little worried about that though becauase I don't know a good motor guy in the area. I have a hard time finding a place that can change my oil without any problems. eeee I wished I lived in a better area for Hondas. Even the dealer sucks here. I got a tune up there once because I couldn't do it at the time and the screw that holds my rotor in place was put in on an angle. Must of been done by someone that doesn't care and wasn't paying attention. I had to grid the thing off to get it out. I got the dealer to pay for the rotor and new screw. :-) I know it's nothing but I was mad.

My area has lots of V8s and good mechanics are the V8 guys. I've found only punks that work with B18Bs and stuff and they are little to smart for there own good you know what I mean. I will find a good one someday, I'll just keep looking area.

Regards,
Spotovi

Add your comment to this topic!