Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which would you rather buy? A former CHP or former Los Angeles CVPI?

guchiew
05-09-2006, 04:11 PM
I know all of the State vs. Muni debates. It seems like State cars are taken care of better than most Muni cars. But I have been told that LA keeps their cars nice too. Also, there are those CHP cars that were driven in snow. Which one would you guys get?

reekor
05-09-2006, 04:47 PM
State cars are would be a better way to go, only because you are looking at highway mileage on the car vs city mileage.

I know all of the State vs. Muni debates. It seems like State cars are taken care of better than most Muni cars. But I have been told that LA keeps their cars nice too. Also, there are those CHP cars that were driven in snow. Which one would you guys get?

guchiew
05-10-2006, 04:13 AM
State cars are would be a better way to go, only because you are looking at highway mileage on the car vs city mileage.

Say you had a CHP car with 100k miles versus an LAPD car with 64K miles, otherwise they are identical. Which one would you buy?

BostonKev
05-10-2006, 08:30 PM
theoretically a city car can be driven for 3 straight shifts vs a state take home car is usually my argument. I've seen some really nice LAPD cars but i also have friends that are Boston cops and they kick the snaught out of the muni cars. I've seen some low mileage city cars that I wouldn't touch. That's just my 2 cents.

radioman2002
05-16-2006, 10:04 AM
I'd buy a state car every time. Mostly because of their maintainence. Yea I know some locals have thier own shops, and some troop cars are serviced at the local gas stop. But highway versus local miles, take the state car. Even if it has over 100K. BTW most NYPD cars don't even make 50k. I've seen some at auction with only 26k on them.

J Rainey
06-09-2006, 06:20 PM
State Hwy Patrol all the way. The heavy starts, stops and cornering are brutal on the city cars. Especially if it's a state take home car the officer usually takes better care of it since they're not sharing it with 2 other people. Less coffee and donut spills. If a spill occurs it's usually cleaned beter.

Add your comment to this topic!