Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bad smell

manx1962
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I have a 95 Blazer and there is something wrong if anyone would have any ideas that might help please post them....
First of all it seems to run fine little low on power when you are driving down the road but seems to be all there, but idles really ruff and kinda "slugish" hard starts sometimes and when it idles or after driving it after a while there seems to be a smell coming from it fron the exhaust like rotten eggs.. There is no check engine light on I put new plugs, wires, and had the EGR valve checked and he said it was clean.. Anyone have any ideas? I will try anything that I know or can do before I decide to take it into the shop and pay them to do it so any advice would be great thanks...

drdd
05-08-2006, 10:27 PM
rotten egg smell (sulfur smell) is a sign of a clogged catalytic converter. Search 'rotten egg' on this forum.

your cat converter may have clogged due to excess fuel dumping from CPI/nut kit failure ... a common problem on 1995's ...

search 'CPI' and 'nutkut' ...

I have a 95 Blazer and there is something wrong if anyone would have any ideas that might help please post them....
First of all it seems to run fine little low on power when you are driving down the road but seems to be all there, but idles really ruff and kinda "slugish" hard starts sometimes and when it idles or after driving it after a while there seems to be a smell coming from it fron the exhaust like rotten eggs.. There is no check engine light on I put new plugs, wires, and had the EGR valve checked and he said it was clean.. Anyone have any ideas? I will try anything that I know or can do before I decide to take it into the shop and pay them to do it so any advice would be great thanks...

manx1962
05-09-2006, 02:48 AM
I did a search on both Nut Kit and CPI and no matches were found...
Is it a do it your selfer or would you recommend haveing a shop do it? Where can I find info on this. Thanks again for your help.

muddog321
05-09-2006, 04:48 AM
In the FAQ section.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=473110&highlight=4.3+CPI

Southern Comfort
05-09-2006, 07:55 AM
If you are smelling a rotten egg oder from you exhaust. It difinately is your cat stopped up, like drdd said. That will also cause a lack of power.
SC

drdd
05-09-2006, 08:48 AM
you may have only searched the thread.

go to the main blazer page, log in, and click 'search forum', then type in your search

I did a search on both Nut Kit and CPI and no matches were found...
Is it a do it your selfer or would you recommend haveing a shop do it? Where can I find info on this. Thanks again for your help.

blazee
05-10-2006, 01:47 AM
you may have only searched the thread.

go to the main blazer page, log in, and click 'search forum', then type in your search

CPI and Nit Kit are all three letter words. The search doesn't recognize three letter words anymore.

BlazerLT
05-10-2006, 04:17 AM
The real problems is the cpi injector and the fuel line nut kit leaking.

The secondary failure from the leaking is the cat being clogged.

Add your comment to this topic!