Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Accord wont crank

billysandra
05-05-2006, 01:41 PM
I was driving home from church and when I pulled out onto the highway my 1991 Honda Accord went dead. It would not crank and had to be towed home. I pulled a spark plug and the compression is still good. I loosened the main gas line and had gas there as well as on the spark plug I removed for the compression test. Can some one tell me what I could do next to get my Accord running again. I am really missing the great gas mileage.

Thanks,

Billy

dreager
05-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I think you may be in the wrong section here,if you want replies best start new post......
How you check compression if it didnt crank?
Anyhoo first thing to do is check for codes, second check lights to see if you have dead alternator/battery.Third, download the service manual(or maybe first).
Last but not least try using the search at top of page for other similar posts.

Good luck

Igovert500
05-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Moved.

AccordCodger
05-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Let's just get clear about "won't crank" and "won't fire"

"Won't crank" means when you turn the key, nothing (except maybe a click) happens. "Won't fire" means "it cranks, but the motor won't 'catch""

Which is it? (Although I can guess).

billysandra
05-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Won' t fire. Battery good. I am really in need of this car. Please help

"Won't crank" means when you turn the key, nothing (except maybe a click) happens. "Won't fire" means "it cranks, but the motor won't 'catch""

Which is it? (Although I can guess).[/QUOTE]

pimprolla112
05-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Check the main realy under your dash board on the driver side. Its a black box with a bolt holding it on should say mistuba on the case. Also check the ECU fuse i have yet to have this problem yet but it located either in the fuse box, or under the dash passenger side. My friends civic did and it was the fuse.

rrruschman
05-27-2006, 03:09 PM
See if you got fire at plug if not probaly igniter which is inside distributor. If you have fire then spray starting fluid down the breather if it starts for a second then your problem is most likely the main relay.

Add your comment to this topic!