Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Still here! CAI Bypass Valve Question!

2000blazerls
05-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Someone suggested that since I have a CAI that I need to get a intake bypass valve to prevent any water from getting in. Is this true? I figure it would only be needed if my truck was lower to the ground. I mean I do go through some high puddles on some back roads. What is your opinion on the bypass valve?

Here is one on ebay if you do not know what it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVERSAL-3-INCH-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-BYPASS-VALVE_W0QQitemZ8062219208QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

I have at times had mud on my filter so this is why I was curious.
And how does this thing work? It looks like it would cause you to lose power because it is just another filter right?

Please let me know!

BlazerLT
05-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Nope, not needed, you will NEVER suck anything up into your cold air intake by going through puddles.

This just looks like a ricer toy to throw into their engine bay to impress da morons that hang out in the mall parking lot.

Besides, how is that contraption going to stop water from going into your engine.

dmbrisket 51
05-08-2006, 12:06 AM
if im thinking right yes, you need it

BlazerLT
05-08-2006, 12:53 AM
if im thinking right yes, you need it

For a cold air intake on a 4.3L?

In no way will you need it.

This contraption is only used for guys that have cold air intakes in cars with the intake behind the front bumper.

I would be worried about a reduction in performance seeing all that thing will do is suck hot engine bay air into the engine and thus more or less ruin the reason why you have the cold air take in the first place.......

dmbrisket 51
05-08-2006, 01:13 AM
if hes going through something deeper then the intake level then he should have a bi pass, they are very ricy, but it allows you to get a little deeper and be able to run 6 more inches deep

Add your comment to this topic!