Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turn signal sound too faint on 2004 Camry

CAPK99
05-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Have others noticed this? Is there a replacement to make the "click" louder?

lenjack
05-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't want to be a smartass, so don't be insulted when I ask you your age. I had the same problem with several cars after turning 50. Guess what?...My hearing had diminished enough so that the high frequency tick of the flasher could not be heard. You may want to get your hearing checked. I knew there was nothing wrong with my hearing...until I got tested.

If it's not that, I think there are louder flashers at auto supply stores.

CAPK99
05-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Frequency loss may indeed be a factor for me, however, it's ironic the Camry is a very quiet car (compared to other cars I drive) and this is a problem for me only in this car. I believe Ford offers an adjustable turn signal sound level for some of its cars - so maybe others have this problem or are irritated by clicking sounds altogether. Maybe that's why alot of people don't use signals at all - they don't like loud clicking noises! I'll check out the autoparts stores.

idmetro
05-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I haven't shopped for a flasher for my Camry but I know they make "Loud" flashers for other vehicles. Good luck.

CAPK99
05-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I found a "loud" flasher at A-zone but didn't install it. I couldn't get the factory Denso flasher off its mount (I noticed it had a LOT of wires going to it by the way) so am returning the unit for a refund. I figured the OEM version was doing its job fine and besides I just drilled 4 holes in the kick panel (the unit sits behind the driver's side kick panel) to allow more "sound" to come out. It may be my imagination, but it IS louder now especially in the right turn signal position!

Add your comment to this topic!