Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help me SOLVE a CRIME! Identify this Car!

JakeCourtney
05-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I need the help of you automoblie experts. I need to know what car model this is in order to solve a crime.

On 4-27-06 at around midnight we had someone steal gas from our place of business, this isn't the first time this has happened. It's the first time we have caught him on video.

We caught him on tape, but the quailty is bad and the camera had gotten fogged over. If you watch the clip you can make out the shape of the car. You can also get a feel for what the shape of the headlights and tail lights. I'm not a car expert like most people on these forums, but it looks to be like a Cadalac Eldorado with the taillights and grill. There is no way we can get a license plate from these videos cause of the glare, but identifying the car can help.

I've uploading the videos for you guy's to download. The first one is about two megs, the second one is eight. The first one is the better one.

If you decide to help, you might have to adjust the brightness/contrast to make anything out as these videos are very dark/foggy. I was able to see a good outline of the car by doing this.

If you guy's could watch the tail lights, shape of the vehicle when he pulls up, and maybe the grill. I think you could help identify it. I just don't know enough car models.

This high schooler/college student has stolen thousands in gas, he has been doing it for months.

So this is my call to help stop a criminal.

The videos are zipped for easy download. Send me an e-mail if you can identify anything in these videos or if you need help with the videos. They are in AVI format, so I believe windows media player can play them.

Here are the links to DOWNLOAD
Video Gas Alarm 1 (http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=610gas_alarm.zip)
North Side Gas Video Alarm 2 (http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Gas_Northside_Office_2.zip)

If for some reason you can't get the files to play, you might need to download a codec pack to play from www.free-codecs.com. I believe the K-lite codec pack is very good. You shouldn't need it though.

Mr Wiggl3s
05-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Looks like a Crystler grille to me

JakeCourtney
05-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks for helping. It could be. I really had to adjust the brightness to make out the car shape. It's a blocky car I know that for sure.

Add your comment to this topic!