Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

anyone had this problem?

pepi1967
05-05-2006, 11:22 AM
leganza 1999 intermitent starting. it starts fine somtimes then it takes ages to start this will happen if the engine is hot or cold. its got 61,000 on the clock and has full service history all done at my local dealership. i told them about this a few times but they say they cant find anything wrong. has anyone else had this problem? last time it did this it took 2 days to get going any help you give would be great.

MeettheCreeper
05-07-2006, 04:26 PM
No start can mean a whole lot of things.

Does it crank?

Do you turn the key and it does nothing?

Do the lights come on on the dash?

More info please.

I suspect that you have an ignition switch failing but I need more info to be sure.

pepi1967
05-07-2006, 05:27 PM
it will run fine for ages then for no reason the next time i try and start it the car cranks fine but just wont start. it somtimes trys to fire splutters a bit then just cranks again. all the dash lights come on as normal and no warning lights come on or anything. when it does run its great never cuts out or anything. it dont lose oil or burn oil and sounds fine when it runs. it will be great for a while even on short trips out then you get back in the car try and fire it up and crank crank crank splutter crank and thats all it does then try a few more time and if im lucky it fires up and ticks over fine with no problems at all.

Add your comment to this topic!