Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 accord brake light issue

93hybridaccord
05-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Haven't driven my accord in over a year so I decided to take it out for a spin the other day. Still drives great although the brake rotors are a little rusty. After a bit of driving I noticed that the brake light idiot light that is below all the lights that show your door, hood or trunk is open was on. Done quite a bit of searching in the honda service manual and can't find any troubleshooting for my problem. Anyone know what that light is supposed to let me know?

I figured it probably had to do with the rotors being a bit rusty, but I've driven it on several occasions now and the rotors are looking pretty good now. The pedal feels good also, not mushy or anything. As usual, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jeffcoslacker
05-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Haven't driven my accord in over a year so I decided to take it out for a spin the other day. Still drives great although the brake rotors are a little rusty. After a bit of driving I noticed that the brake light idiot light that is below all the lights that show your door, hood or trunk is open was on. Done quite a bit of searching in the honda service manual and can't find any troubleshooting for my problem. Anyone know what that light is supposed to let me know?

I figured it probably had to do with the rotors being a bit rusty, but I've driven it on several occasions now and the rotors are looking pretty good now. The pedal feels good also, not mushy or anything. As usual, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Make sure the E-brake handle is 100% down...and the brake fluid is to the correct level in the resevoir.

AccordCodger
05-05-2006, 07:39 PM
That isn't the light he's talking about, Jeffcoslacker. That one says you have a stop light bulb burned out.

jeffcoslacker
05-06-2006, 07:13 AM
That isn't the light he's talking about, Jeffcoslacker. That one says you have a stop light bulb burned out.

Aaahhh. Fancy. :grinyes:

93hybridaccord
05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
That one says you have a stop light bulb burned out.

that's what I thought at first, but none are. Maybe I'm just getting a short of some sort.

Add your comment to this topic!