Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Tranny Help!! Orlando Fl No Reverse!

mixcat
05-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey guys,
I went to a Jiffy lube and got my transmission oil changed. I have 49K+ miles on it and thought it was a good idea to get all the fluids changed before it hits 50K.. Well needless to say reverse worked just fine before the tranny fluid change and when they were all done I noticed while I was leaving the while in reverse it was vibrating in reverse and promtly took it back in. (didnt make it out of the store lot) They called Jag and found out they put in the wrong ATF.. This said it was a friday night and they said they would have to get the correct ATF and I need to leave it so they can work on it over the weekend. Well this is where my nightmare starts... Well weekend passes and I go down to the store and still no reverse! They said they took it to a tranny shop and they said it had issues before I brought it in. Well this is news to me as it shifted fine all the way through forward and reverse with no issues! I can go fine all with way through the gears in forward and no reverse. I raised a stink with everyone there and ran it up the flag pole.. No luck. I have brought it to a local shop that I deal with for a number of years and they said there is damage and the tranny needs to be rebuilt!! So far the quote is to the tune of $3,400+
Im looking for ideas at this point of what I can do to fix this issue.. Im looking for someone in the Orlando area that could help me get this car fixed that is good with the X-type. The tranny is about the only thing on a car I can not fix. ;o(
Any help would awesome!
-Pete

Aston_Jag_Tech
06-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Pete,

The early X Types had issues with the transmission to be pretty brief. All in all we had to replace the entire assembly. Depends on what year you have to see if you really need a transmission overhaul or not.

good luck.

Scott

topdaawg
07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Whatever happened with your transmission? I just wanted to let you know that there is a bolt on the back of the transmission that holds the reverse gear band. A lot of people remove this bolt because they think it is the fluid drain, and it is not. If that bolt gets removed you will lose revesre gear, and you'll need to take the transmission apart to re-install the reverse gear band.

Add your comment to this topic!