Is something wrong with this forum?

JTRACING
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
All this week I have been getting this "problem with the database." message when I want to visit AF.
Just curious if someone is fixing the problems etc...

freakray
05-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Somebody is fixing the problem, it requires server reboots, that's why you get the message.

ZoomZoomMX-5
05-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Yes, today it's been horrible. Half the time it takes forever to load a page, many times the database error message comes up. Seems to be at least a monthly occurence. PMS?

This server is so unreliable it's not getting anywhere near the standard 15% tip :wink: :icon16:

freakmech
05-02-2006, 11:03 PM
LOL, this is the first time this week ive been able to log on. I better catch up.... LOL

RallyRaider
05-03-2006, 12:33 AM
They better fix it up soon or some of us will rediscover the outside world and find better things to do...

How long did posting that take? :rolleyes:

freakmech
05-03-2006, 12:55 AM
About 30 minutes:banghead: Ive found a new home but i would like my old apartment back LOL, lets hope this posts LOL

gionc
05-03-2006, 02:46 AM
I agree guys: this is the better modelling forum I know also the worst hosting system: I hope they do something soon.

Or at least they'll install a server under the Ray's bed and we'll phone him every time the server is down ;). That could be fun :naughty::naughty::evillol:

RallyRaider
05-03-2006, 05:17 AM
I might be speaking too soon but things actially seem to be ticking over quite well now. Are the problems solved or is it just because of the time difference and all the North Americans are in bed? :lol:

ZoomZoomMX-5
05-03-2006, 11:12 AM
I might be speaking too soon but things actially seem to be ticking over quite well now. Are the problems solved or is it just because of the time difference and all the North Americans are in bed? :lol:

It's not fixed. It was blazing earlier as it should always but now it's slow as molasses :banghead: :shakehead

I'm willing to bet when I hit "submit" I get the database error.

It was ironically embarrassing when the AutomotiveForums.com sponsorship was all over the race car and mentioned in the TV coverage yet one couldn't access the site reliably for days after the first race was televised. Neither websites nor race cars are much good when they're slow and broken.

gionc
05-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Neither websites nor race cars are much good when they're slow and broken.
:evillol::evillol::evillol:

After the gag I tried the header's link to the AF Skyline to see if it's true :wink: and those do't work :disappoin, the "advertise with us" yes :)

Dylza
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
J/W whats up...I can't log onto the Street adn Show forum, I keep getting a wall of text...is it my browser?

l_eclipse_l
05-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Things seem to have gone back to normal in the last few days...

Mr Wiggl3s
05-08-2006, 07:19 PM
This site is HUGE
I mean big among sites man.
There prolly just updateing the database or something like that, so there aren't going to be any hackers or anything like that. I really dont have a problem with the slower posting, just gimes me some time to look at other topics while posting

Add your comment to this topic!