Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

R32GTR RB26 engine into R34GTR

Jenova
05-02-2006, 03:54 AM
Hi guys,

I own an R34GTR Vpec II stock standard. Im looking into droping in a moded R32 RB26 engine into my R34 at a reasonable price. I would be using back all my stock wiring, fueling, FMIC and transmission temporally at this time. The drop is just the engine coupled with it's big single and stock intake only. What are the technical areas I need to look at for this kind of transfer.

Here are some Q's from me and the seller talked about. All I need is to get the engine started and moving so i could I'll work the other stuff later on :-

1) May I use the R32 CAS (cam angle sensor) to work with my stock ECU ?. I wont be able to fix in my R34 CAS into the R32 engine as their exhaust camshaft has different contact points.

2) Since i'll be using my stock ECU for the time being, I'll be transfering my stock fuel rail and stock injectors into the R32 engine. Will there be any issues ? (the engine is built with stock compression)

3) Do I need to transfer engine mountings or are they the same ?

4) The R34 are a pull-type clutch system. Will there be any issues fixing in the pull-type clutch into the R32 engine and mating it back with my getrag transmission ?

5) Will there be a problem fixing the starter motor ?

6) I'll be using the F-CON Vpro later on. It seems that the seller has removed both knock sesors for the engine. Is it nessasary to need to fix it back in?

7) Are there any extra sensors on the R34 engine compared to the R32 ?. I'm worried I might get a headache with the check engine light later on.

Any input of advise is well appreciated.

Thanks in advance

brad32sedan
05-26-2006, 04:46 AM
Hi guys,

I own an R34GTR Vpec II stock standard. Im looking into droping in a moded R32 RB26 engine into my R34 at a reasonable price. I would be using back all my stock wiring, fueling, FMIC and transmission temporally at this time. The drop is just the engine coupled with it's big single and stock intake only. What are the technical areas I need to look at for this kind of transfer.

Here are some Q's from me and the seller talked about. All I need is to get the engine started and moving so i could I'll work the other stuff later on :-

1) May I use the R32 CAS (cam angle sensor) to work with my stock ECU ?. I wont be able to fix in my R34 CAS into the R32 engine as their exhaust camshaft has different contact points.

2) Since i'll be using my stock ECU for the time being, I'll be transfering my stock fuel rail and stock injectors into the R32 engine. Will there be any issues ? (the engine is built with stock compression)

3) Do I need to transfer engine mountings or are they the same ?

4) The R34 are a pull-type clutch system. Will there be any issues fixing in the pull-type clutch into the R32 engine and mating it back with my getrag transmission ?

5) Will there be a problem fixing the starter motor ?

6) I'll be using the F-CON Vpro later on. It seems that the seller has removed both knock sesors for the engine. Is it nessasary to need to fix it back in?

7) Are there any extra sensors on the R34 engine compared to the R32 ?. I'm worried I might get a headache with the check engine light later on.

Any input of advise is well appreciated.

Thanks in advance
hey mate forget about this modified rb26 you want use. the r34 rb26 is far better than the earlier r32 type. eg. oil pump drive, compression, ecu tunning,turbos,camshafts etc. my advice would be to save your $$$ and spend it on sensible mods to the exsisting engine. power fc,dyno tune, full exhaust upgrade, these few mods alone should net you more power than r32 motor even with the large turbo/s. consider this, nissan rate the 34 gtr to have 206 kw under the limit set by japanese automotive industry. the spec sheet lists this power figure along with .4bar boost. than why does a deadstosk r34 make .7 bar. its not un-common to see that rated figure made at the wheels by stock r34s on the dyno. seems like nissan are hiding things. anyway keep the value of your rare car by leaving original motor and modifying sensibly. you should easily see 250 kw at wheels and low 11 sec 1/4 mile time slips. goodluck!

Add your comment to this topic!