Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Passion For The Automobile

MARCUS PETERSON
04-30-2006, 01:08 AM
this whole computer thing is new to me so please excuse me if I error, I have a passion for cars and had that love for the automobile since I was a young fellow, as a preteen my friend and I would sit at the top of the bridge and guess the names of the cars as they came into our view from the base of the bridge we had opposite ends, let me say that at an early age we knew our cars pretty well. By the way I was born in 1943 so you can guess my preteen years and the years of the cars we were guessing,the young guys that had cars back then were always working on their cars so we learned the difference between an open and boxed end wrench a 1/2"& 9/16, sockets and a ratchet because back in the day they were under the car on the ground or busy under the hood so I became familiar with tools hanging around these guys. At the age of 13 I got my very first job at a gas station where I had the chance to become totally acquainted with the automobile, pumping gas washing and waxing which at that time was called a simonize job,oil changes and grease jobs,working with the mechanic and the body shop guy, yes those were the good old days a full service garage hard to find one of those today. At seventeen I joined the AIR FORCE where I was a mechanic in weapons on jet fighter planes after four years that was over and got a job in the steel industry where I continued to be a maintenance mechanic for over forty years. That's over now. over all this time I've worked on my cars and trucks and still do. had a VETTE and won some trophies have quite a large model car collection. Well that's enough for my intro, presently I have a 95 Aurora and an 86 Bronco II been working on them both a lot and the Aurora has taken some large bites out of the wallet but its a good car, it's the reason Im here at the forum, I've read quite a number of the threads and found the comments to be very informative and helpful so as a rookie to the forum Ipam about to pick that auto expertise that excites out there, looking forward to chatting and my Aurora running like a well oiled machine especially with these gas prices.

Add your comment to this topic!