Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

integra is stuck in neutral...need some help

integra-soler
04-29-2006, 09:10 PM
I have a 97 LS and it won't shift out of neutral when the clutch in depressed. I have tried multiple things to get it to shift into gear, but the only thing that seems to work is if it yank it into gear. Then when it is in gear the car sounds like it wants to stall. It shakes and the rpms go down for about a sec or 2. Then sometimes i have a hard time shifting through the gears. All this happens about %10 of the time i drive it, not all the time. I did some research and came to the conclusion that it is either the PCV valve or tranny oil. Give me some advice or knowlege or even a solution. Thanks

knorwj
04-29-2006, 09:39 PM
does it go into gear smootly with the engine off? I'm going to guess your clutch isn't releasing from the flywheel. probly a throwout bearing getting bad.

integra-soler
04-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Nope its fine when the car is not running because thats how i figured out how to put it in gear when it does this. Also i don't know if this has to do with it but my clutch was really loose a few days ago n would stick to the floor when i depressed it. I did some research on that n found out that its a hydro clutch n that air gets into the line(s). So you have to bleed the clutch which i did and now that problem is fine. i don't know if these 2 r related because they started to do it at the same time

Add your comment to this topic!