Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Does anyone know anything about the DVD/NAV system?

Madmike007
07-19-2002, 08:46 AM
I've recently ordered the 350z Touring model, but elected not to add the DVD/NAV system. I wanted to know if anyone had specific specs, pictures (not just a map). What are all the features? I recently read in an online article that this unit will also display speed, tach, etc. Another question is about the DVD. Does anyone have an idea of quality DVD playbck? -MADm

vanstorm16
07-23-2002, 05:45 PM
I know that the system is DVD based and read somewhere in Nissan literature that periodic updates for the DVD would be available.

I do not believe, however, that DVD playback will be possible with the NAVI system. I think that the DVD is just the storage media they are using. It would be news to me if it was an actual DVD player.

I ordered a performance model and opted not to have the NAVI system. I'm interested in hearing more about it though!

carlson
07-24-2002, 02:33 PM
If it is the "talking" one like the BMW's, I would get it.

Madmike007
07-29-2002, 05:46 PM
http://speedyzx.crosswinds.net/June2002Social/DSCF0224.jpg

vanstorm16
07-30-2002, 11:42 AM
Neat photo. Guess that "door" just comes down to clean up the look of the console does it?

New Z@ MSRP
07-30-2002, 12:56 PM
Yes that is a reat picture. To actually use the New Z Nav system go to your local dealer and test trive the Pathfinder with one in it and there you go! A "local CD" system you purchase additional cd's according to the areas and updates that you wish.

Dirito Brothers NISSAN Walnut Creek, CA:cool:

Add your comment to this topic!