Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Head problems - Pin in Vtec rocker arm Sheared off

5_LiTeR_EaTeR
07-18-2002, 11:47 PM
ok so I was at central highschool start my car dies. trhy it again got a dead crank like it had no compression. I thought I blew the timing belt. well you blow the belt you blow the valves. towed it back to my shop check the belt it spun the cams NO TEETH GONE!? so I line the timing marks up and it jumped the intake cam alot. so well shit... I pull the head off took me 1 and a half hours and guess what no bent valves. pulled it off for nothing. I am trying to figure out why it jumped. My Dizzy froze again and it must have froze the cam while the exhaust cam was turning it skipped on the intake and all the compression must have gone out the intake while cranking giving me a dead crank. so I ship the head out to just get it check for cracks and bent valves but the machine shop calls me back. The machinist said that there was a pin that went in the outer rocker arms going into the middle rocker arm. he said it sheared off. I can't buy the pin gotta buy the whole rocker arm assembly which is 216 my cost. What I also want to know is whats the purpose of it and if anyone knows if I can buy this from someone. I bet its only like a 4 dollar part but I don't want to spend anymore money than I have to. I have a headgasket set for a del sol which is what I am gonna use and it cost 200 at cost price!! 305 list for damn gaskets!!! water pump and timing belt another 100. I don't want to be set back another 500. So tell me what this pin is for and where can I get it. Thanks!!

Add your comment to this topic!