Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Petition to stop Primera Man...

djmr2
07-18-2002, 10:34 PM
.... from making such dark and wide panel lines!!!

HAHAHA

sorry about that.. I think his models are great.. but i keep looking at the panel lines and they bug the crap out of me!

but to each their own. so keep up the good work P-man!

Sob
07-18-2002, 11:26 PM
Ya know, I never noticed the panel lines before you mentioned it, and I've got this feeling like, hmm, like "Oh great, one more thing I've got to do..." Grrrr Hehehe I think they look cool.

crab
07-19-2002, 12:57 AM
sigh... we all tried... I think P-man's gonna stick with the thick/dark panel lines forever... it's "what u see when u look at a real car, as the crevaces are darkened from the shadow..." or something like that...

Maybe in the pictures it looks a bit thick/dark but in real life it probably looks ok... :D

primera man
07-19-2002, 01:54 AM
:p ..I cant beleive you guys have made a thread out of this...lol

I guess at the end of the day it comes down to what the person likes to do to each of his models. Thats the one thing i like about doing models....you build them to what you think is the best you can do and what you like.
I know it bugs people, and true, there are a few that look a little to black and wide, but IMO it gives the car a more detailed look and makes it stand out better.
But i am going to order a grey pen and see if that looks any better.
Can only get them from the USA though, why they dont sell them in NZ i dont know :mad:
Cheers
PMan

Moppie
07-19-2002, 02:04 AM
I was in the stationary wharehouse here today, and they had a huge range of differnt pens in diffrent colours, what exactly are you looking for? I might be able to find one and send it down?

And I think sometimes you do go a little overbourd.
The ITR for example, the lines around the bonnet and boot look good, but the fuel cap is over done, and the doors look a little to thick in the pictures.
But its the only car Iv really noticed it on, so it might be that you need either a thinner pen, or a thinner pen and a lighter colour.

xim-crow
07-19-2002, 02:32 AM
I don't really agree with you djmr2.
I like the way Primera man do the panel line.
if you look on a real car, there is also a dark line on the door etc. (depends on the color of the body too)
Of course after it depends on the kit. if Fujimi did a panel line of 3 mm, it is of course too big and if you add a black juice in it, there will be unrealistic.
But compare a kit like the integra with black panel line and the same kit without...
I am sure everybody will prefer the first.

Del-R
07-19-2002, 03:06 AM
forget the panel lines...
I want a petition against P-Man makng kits so damn fast:D

daggerlee
07-19-2002, 06:21 AM
I want a petition against P-Man makng kits so damn fast

LOL that's what i thought this topic was going to be about when i first clicked it.. :rolleyes: :D

Forhod
07-19-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Del-R
forget the panel lines...
I want a petition against P-Man makng kits so damn fast:D

haha!~ Nothing can stop Pman :D

primera man
07-19-2002, 07:38 AM
http://www.gifs.net/animate/bmoon.gif

:D :D

crab
07-19-2002, 08:57 AM
i know... that's like, insane... as if every step of the way is perfect... personally, I've cleaned my DTM three times already because of stupid mistakes like sanding back to primer or future wax didn't go on smoothly... so far this model has taken 2 month's time and I'M STILL BLOODY WORKING ON THE CAR BODY! :(

pman's like a model factory!

DVSNCYNIKL
07-19-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by primera man
:p ..I cant beleive you guys have made a thread out of this...lol

I guess at the end of the day it comes down to what the person likes to do to each of his models. Thats the one thing i like about doing models....you build them to what you think is the best you can do and what you like.
I know it bugs people, and true, there are a few that look a little to black and wide, but IMO it gives the car a more detailed look and makes it stand out better.
But i am going to order a grey pen and see if that looks any better.
Can only get them from the USA though, why they dont sell them in NZ i dont know :mad:
Cheers
PMan

The dynamic duo strikes again!!:devil: :devil:

:D :D

djmr2
07-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Sorry P-man!! i was feeling bored so i just had too!!

have you ever just tried using enamel paint thinned out like on tamiyas guide?

http://www.tamiya.com/english/howto/car1/tip3.htm

I'm sure the models look better in person, i guess it's more of the angle you look at them!

primera man
07-19-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by djmr2
Sorry P-man!! i was feeling bored so i just had too!!

have you ever just tried using enamel paint thinned out like on tamiyas guide?

http://www.tamiya.com/english/howto/car1/tip3.htm

I'm sure the models look better in person, i guess it's more of the angle you look at them!
I used to do it that way but it took for ever and it still looked the same. Took a whole day and still never looked right, where as now i takes 5 minutes max.
One thing i must say is Tamiya is alot better at doing there seem lines then Fujumi. Tamiya have nice thin lines(look at the latest blue Porsche) and the lines are good, where as the fujimi ones are wider and are easy to fill.
The pen i use is only 0.04mm so its the smallest you can find

djmr2
07-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by primera man

I used to do it that way but it took for ever and it still looked the same. Took a whole day and still never looked right, where as now i takes 5 minutes max.
One thing i must say is Tamiya is alot better at doing there seem lines then Fujumi. Tamiya have nice thin lines(look at the latest blue Porsche) and the lines are good, where as the fujimi ones are wider and are easy to fill.
The pen i use is only 0.04mm so its the smallest you can find

P-man if u are happy with it then that's all that matters :) I was just bored, not meant to hammer you in any way..

Btw, that pen you use, is it a Gundam Marker? or something else?
I've been thinking of using the gundam marker myself.

primera man
07-19-2002, 05:35 PM
:cool: ...no harm taken....i know your just trying to take the piss out of me :devil: :devil: ....j/k...lol

Ya the pen is a Gundam black marker....but as i said i'll going to try a grey one and see what happens

Add your comment to this topic!