1990 Legacy LS needs your help PLEASE

rjm5177
04-28-2006, 05:43 PM
OK, I have searched the threads and have not come across an answer so I hope that someone can help.

Girlfriend has a 1990 Legacy LS Auto. To start the water pump went out. Replaced waterpump and hoses. Found out her EX did a tune up on it. He screwed the idle screw so the care would idle around 2500 rpm. Did this because he is a moron and did not know how to service the check engine light. I then proceeded to replace the knock sensor which is the code the car was throwing. Readjusted the idle screw and the car purred like a kitten. Know the care likes to stall when driving it. All speeds!!!! I have replaced the cam sensor and that seemed to help but now that the weather is warming up is seem as if the heat makes it worst. When cold the care runs great. When it heats up it dies. Please help if you can. I already have $1200 in parts invested.

Thanks

StNicholas
05-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Moronic ex's are covered on DrPhil.com

Any other codes in the ECU? http://www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/subaru.htm

Air, fuel, compression, spark. What's missing when it shuts down? Likely it is fuel or spark. The number of things the ECU checks is limited so it won't give you all the info. Note for one there is no no/low fuel pressure sensor.

Nick

himie298
05-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Try a new fuel filter, mine (two ) 93's would stall after startup and a new fule filter would fix the problem for about two years.
good luck

Add your comment to this topic!