Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best top Soft top

lazaie
04-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Purchased a Best top soft top for my 88 wrangler. Had no problems installing it but now i would like to take the top down and i cant figure it out. The directions tell me to basically remove everything except for where it connects at the very back and "fold" the top back the attach it with the straps. This just won't work...the top is to large when folded to be strapped down and im sure if i get on the road the top will just blow off. can someone send me a link that has picts or better directions? Never had this problem with a stock top.

THANKS!

scoutinkeith
05-02-2006, 07:18 AM
which type of top do you have?
I have a bestop supertop on my 93 YJ, and it goes down just as you described.
1. take out the windows
2. losten the support/tension bars
3. take top loose from the top fo the windshield frame, and roll/fold it towards the rear.

I too have noticed that the straps seem a little short to go around the top and attatch to the belt rail. however, I usuailly don't worry about strapping the top in place when it's down. I usuailly just lie the rest of the top frame on the canvas, and just make sure that it's rolled up tight, and none of the little flaps are sticking out. my daily comute is about 30 miles of highway driving, and I have yet to have a problem with the top blowing around when it's down, just make sure to roll it as tight as possible.

Add your comment to this topic!