Fuel lines for '95 Jimmy SLE 4X4

wb8yjf
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know where you can get the pre bent original fuel lines for a 95 Jimmy SLE 4X4? Both of mine are shot & I've called dealerships, etc. and they tell me they aren't available?! Any place in particular I should try?
Tnx in advance...
Jon

old_master
04-28-2006, 09:26 PM
They're right, that is one of few parts that are not available pre-bent. If they need replacement you need to make them up yourself. Dorman makes repair kits that have a compression fitting on one end for connecting to existing lines, and the special fuel line fitting on the other end. Any good auto parts store will have them in 3/8" and 5/16".

wb8yjf
04-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Yea, I came to that SOLID conclusion...I tried to make my own using some fittings from Jegs, 250psi line, etc. but not comfortable with the way it looks. Since I'm working on a gravel driveway, I'm giving up and going to a buddys mechanic. I think from now on, I'm DONE with GMC. This Jimmy has had to have a new engine (one of the crimped oil lines let loose one night - result, 3 thrown rods...), a rebuilt tranny, 3 fuel pumps, 3 sending units (lines always twisted & then pinched), etc. Result over $7K worth of repairs above & beyond the purchase price. I was told there was supposed to be a sensor in the engine that detected no oil pressure & would shut the engine down under that condition - it didn't work. I used to like this vehicle, but I'm sick of repair costs (BIG $$$) and the fact that GM dosn't stock a frigging fuel line for a 1995 vehicle is downright outragous! Weird how you can find a fuel line for a 72 Nova, but not a '95 Jimmy......

THANKS for the reply!

Add your comment to this topic!