turbo technecal discussion

hany
04-27-2006, 05:54 AM
i have some question need to discuss in the turbo system

1- what if i did not use the intercoller ?
2-if i use bov only and did not use wastegate will it be safe enough for the engine and i think it is the same aim but the diff. is the bov treat with intake manafold and wastegate treat with exhust manafold . so my question is can i install only bov ?
3- can i install the big injectors withot the resestors ? and if no . where can i find resestore box in any honda model?
4-is the wideban o2 sensore is very important for turbo system ? and what if i dont use it and use the factory one ? in case i use safc or chipsed ecu .

superbluecivicsi
04-28-2006, 10:50 PM
1. intercooler cools the intake charge. hotter air cannot compress as much as cooler air. cooler air = more air. more air = more power. hotter air = more prone to detonation.

2. so how do you plan on controlling boost without a wg? you can run without a bov, but it will hurt your turbo.

3. resistor box is needed on peak and hold injectors. if you need a resistor box, they can easily be had off homemadeturbos, honda-tech, recycler, ebay, craigslist, etc.

4. you need the wideband if you plan on tuning yourself.

hany
04-29-2006, 03:20 AM
first thank you alot for your answer . i ask about the resestor box because iam not in usa and my country is poor in turbo accesories so i ask if i can find it in any other model in honda.

superbluecivicsi
04-29-2006, 10:47 AM
you can pick up a resistor box from any 88-91 civic/crx. you can also pick up some 10watt 10 ohm resistors and put them inline with the injectors.

some find an injector box from someone online and have them ups global it to your door. or, get some of the resistors from radio shack and have them ups it to your door.

Schister66
04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
you should be able to find the resistor pack in 92-95 Hondas....OBD1 cars should have one. If you want, i'll post a pick of mine because i believe that's what its out of....

Use the intercooler and the wastegate or you might as well just take the turbo kit off....you will wreck it

CivicSpoon
04-29-2006, 10:57 AM
5th gen civics don't have them. But Preludes have them and I think accords do as well (might be wrong on that).

superbluecivicsi
04-29-2006, 11:15 AM
only obd1 chassis with resistor boxes are accords and preludes.

hany
04-29-2006, 05:05 PM
ok if anyone have a pic for them. it will help me to search for them in something like the junkyard.

superbluecivicsi
04-29-2006, 07:50 PM
heres a diagram for the install
http://www.6thgearadvertising.com/misc2/civic/turbo/resistor_box.jpg

heres how it looks.
http://i14.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/a3/06/77_1.JPG

superbluecivicsi
04-29-2006, 07:51 PM
better yet. heres some instructions.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=517274

hany
04-30-2006, 03:56 AM
thank you very much

hany
05-10-2006, 05:05 AM
i have a question in the installation of the resistors box. if you look to the diagran which you send you will find the resistor box has in and out. but if you look to the resistor box in the photo its only one wire so. can you tell me how is the right installation ?

superbluecivicsi
05-10-2006, 09:35 PM
they all run on the same wire..................why?........................ ...because polarity does not matter.

the link explains all.

hany
05-11-2006, 02:59 AM
if i installed it as the factory install . will this be good to gain the good jop for the injectors ?

superbluecivicsi
05-13-2006, 09:45 PM
not sure what you are refering to, but, ill take a guess. im assuming you are running on an obd1 civic chassis and engine.

if you hook up the dsm injectors without the resistor box, your ecu will fry. you need the resistor box. if you install the injectors, you need something to control them (ex. vafc, hondata,neptune, uberdata, etc). if you hook them up without something to control them, your engine will run like sh!t.

fiberglasscivic
05-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Do you only use the resistor box if you upgrade your injectors?

hany
05-17-2006, 03:17 AM
yes i do i installed 450 dsm blut top. i found the resestors box on some thing like junk yard , from 1989 accord i think. i saw how it was installed in the accord and i done the same in my civic. so is that right or i have to make any modelation ?

superbluecivicsi
05-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Do you only use the resistor box if you upgrade your injectors?

the resistor box is used if you are replacing saturated injectors with peak and hold injectors.

yes i do i installed 450 dsm blut top. i found the resestors box on some thing like junk yard , from 1989 accord i think. i saw how it was installed in the accord and i done the same in my civic. so is that right or i have to make any modelation ?

the resistor box from the accord will be fine. as for wiring up the resistor box like the accord, i am not fimiliar with the wiring of the accord, so, either research and make sure the wiring is the same between the accord and your civic or click on the link, read it, and do it the same way. there are pictures in the link, if you look. its pretty much straight forward. pretty much a hand to hold you through the whole process.

Add your comment to this topic!