Help Finding a car..

evinh10
04-26-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm looking for a car, my price range is 17k or under. I'm wanting a car that looks really good but also has performance to back it up. Been searching for months now but not exactly sure on what to get!!

I've been looking for e36 m3's but there hard to come by for sell. Any other recommendations? Please post all opinions! Thanks Erik

Andydg
04-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Ha...I'm in the exact same situation! What preferences do you have? (Drive type, import or domestic, specific brands, do you have to deal with snow or large amounts of rain?)

evinh10
04-27-2006, 06:49 AM
eh ya snows a problem here in minnesota.. I'll most likely be getting a beat for then though. I like a little bit of each domestic and import. Not going overboard on each though. I just like a car that appeals to others and then can back itself up when it has to. Looking for any recomendation as of right now.. Just reply with anything! thanks erik

Andydg
04-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Well I was checking out the LS1 F-bodies, I like those a lot and they're pretty damn fast stock, but insurance is a killer.

I also checked out an S2000 but me being 6'2" I didn't fit very well at all.

Check out the WRX they're a really good car when you have to deal with snow and they're still fun in the summer...hell if you have a nice chunk of change saved up you might be able to find a used STi and put it down as a downpayment and get your payments right around $17,000.

JunkHead
04-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Evin have you considered searching for cars in government auctions. I found some awesome deals in the past through these. Check the link in my sig, the site reviews the best auction sites. Either that or check out Ebay. I'm all about auctions and exploring alternate options and have saved a lot of money that way.

Good luck with your search.

Tonto Kowalski
05-06-2006, 11:50 AM
If it snows a lot and you want something that drives well through snow, but also has good performance, I would recommend an Audi A4 Quatro.

Add your comment to this topic!