Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stalling

D-Bo
04-26-2006, 04:31 PM
ok so we all know about the ka wanting to stall when we approach a red light or stop sign or traffic or whatever. my new ka does this every time i let it ide after driving. has anybody ever figured out HOW to fix this??

i DO have a walbro fuel pump and z32 fuel filter so the only fuel delivery problem i could think of is the injectors.. i also have the stock intake on it so if anything its not air.. could i maybe tighten the throttle cable a little? or does the throttle position sensor have anything to do with it?

:banghead:

Skylindrftr
04-26-2006, 07:53 PM
make sure your stock filter is clean, the tps might have something to do with it, if it seems to idle funny it probably is. What your talking about happened to me when my Maf was all out of wack, so check that too.

Pavlo
05-13-2006, 11:04 PM
No it is not tps, first clean you MAF, if it is dirty it might think that there is no air coming through when ideling, therefore no fuel (not 100% sure it will cut the fuel off though). Second, check you rotor and cap, might be misfiring, we had a few cars at our shop that drove normal for a while but after a little bit would start misfiring when the throttle was suddenly closed.
Hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!