Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Isuzu Rodeo Oil Filter... whereisit?!?!?

Crazy_Angus
04-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Changing the oil on my 1994 Isuzu Rodeo, I noticed I was having a problem so I thought I'd ask you good folks... WHERE IN JIMMINEY CHRISTMAS IS THAT DAMN OIL FILTER LOCATED??? I looked around, and I must be loosing my mind, because no matter where I looked as I was under the motor, I couldn't find it. Where the heck is it??

2nd Question: Recently I pushed the lock release button to unlock the back window and get groceries out of the back, and then to my shock, noticed it wouldn't lock back. I've pushed the button over and over, thinking maybe it got stuck, but still the window won't latch. What should I do?

Thanks.

tykap
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Not too sure about the 94 setup but on my 2000 I have to remove a fairly large protective plate from the underside to get to the filter. But I can still see it looking down past the fan from the top.
Tony

Ramblin Fever
04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Look just below your timing belt cover, all the way down - should be located squarely in the middle of the vehicle roughly below where the waterpump would mount.

LXA
04-26-2006, 08:27 AM
CA, I had the same latch problem with my '93. First, spray the crap out of all the locking mechanisms in the door with WD40 to make sure everything is operating freely. If that doesn't do it, you can adjust the locking bar on the window. Loosen the screws a bit with a phillips head and move the bar up or down as needed until it latches. Good luck! :thumbsup:

steffenk
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
In addition to the above responses, the rear window latch problem is described in earlier posts in this forum. There is a VERY SMALL spring that is part of the latch assembly that rusts and fractures, making it difficult to get the latch to catch the window.

Do a search on "tailgate spring" and read the posts under Re: Why won't my back window lock? On PAGE 2, there is detailed instructions on how to replace this spring ($2.00 part).

Cat Fuzz
04-26-2006, 10:06 PM
On the 94 you have to remove the skid plate that is right up front, dead center. Two 14mm bolts hold it on. Filter is right over it.

Add your comment to this topic!