Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RACING AUTOMATICS?? anything wrong??

bboy_eLeM
07-17-2002, 08:47 PM
I was juss wonderin, is there really anything wrong with racing automatics??? Does anyone do it?? Is fixing one up alright? I got a 2000 4 cyl Accord (4-door) but am planning to soup it up big time-i/h/e -kit- the whole package. Is it weird if someone does this??? thanx- im new but the scene is huge here in Diego.

Tx685
07-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Yeah there are nothing wrong with automatics do what u got to do. You can make automatics fast if u just do the steps right. Yeah I agree with the scene being big in San Diego because it in California! The scenes are big in Denver too!!:D

JasonAccord98LX
07-18-2002, 12:34 AM
get a level-10 torque converter:D

bboy_eLeM
07-18-2002, 02:12 PM
im sorry, I dont know what a level 10 torque converter is, can someone please explain it to me? I just recently got interested in fixing up my car so I'm just learning the terms still. Thanx:)

bboy_eLeM
07-18-2002, 02:14 PM
oh yeah, what do you mean by "Steps to make automatics go fast"?

JasonAccord98LX
07-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Its just a aftermarket torque converter that you can buy which makes the auto tranny shift better and improves its overall performace. Click here (http://www.levelten.com/) for more information:D

Melt
07-21-2002, 10:15 PM
I got a couple of friends who have souped up automatics. I will list the car and mods.

-96 Civic DX
-- Performance --
Aem Short Ram intake
DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic Header
Greddy Evolution Exhaust
Fuel Rail (not sure on brand)
--Other shit--
Hiper White Headlights
17" Koing Rated R rims
Eibach Springs
Dark Tint all around
Kenwood Head Unit (not sure)
Sony xPlod speakers all around
2 Kenwood Tornado 10" Subs, custom mounted in trunk facing up, required removal of spare tire
Pyramid 1000W Amp (flea market shit)

-91 Accord EX
--Performance--
'93 H22A Prelude Engine
3" Exhaust piping
No Cateletic Converter
DC Sports Header
AEM CAI
--Other Shit--
White windshield Wipers / wiper arms
Removal of front grille
Pepboys Tint (it bubbles like a mother fucker)
Lowered

strodda
07-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by JasonAccord98LX
Its just a aftermarket torque converter that you can buy which makes the auto tranny shift better and improves its overall performace. Click here (http://www.levelten.com/) for more information:D
do you know anything about the shiftronic?
Level10 Shiftronic (http://www.levelten.com/store/import/items/electronics/import_shiftronic.htm)
it allows you to shift manually, which i can kind of do now. im sure im not the only one who has manually gone through 1-2-d3-d4, but is there any negative affect from manually downshifting before your at a stopped position? as level10 stated it "allows the driver to lock the torque converter on deceleration for real engine braking-like a manual shift transmission.
" is that the same thing im doing? when im coasting to a stop around 30-40 and i downshift to 3rd??

MELT--that 91ex with the h22, thats an a/t?? whered he get it from?

Melt
07-22-2002, 06:21 PM
I think he got hooked up at HAP recycling over in Rancho Cordova CA, but im not sure

JasonAccord98LX
07-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by strodda

do you know anything about the shiftronic?
Level10 Shiftronic (http://www.levelten.com/store/import/items/electronics/import_shiftronic.htm)
it allows you to shift manually, which i can kind of do now. im sure im not the only one who has manually gone through 1-2-d3-d4, but is there any negative affect from manually downshifting before your at a stopped position? as level10 stated it "allows the driver to lock the torque converter on deceleration for real engine braking-like a manual shift transmission.
" is that the same thing im doing? when im coasting to a stop around 30-40 and i downshift to 3rd??

MELT--that 91ex with the h22, thats an a/t?? whered he get it from?

If it costs over 1000 dollars, then I highly doubt that it is the same thing as simply downshifting your auto tranny with the lever. And downshifting an auto tranny manually, does put extra wear and tear on it. And, no I really dont know much about the shiftronic. They dont even show a pic or tell much about it:(

Reptile
07-27-2002, 10:10 AM
I race automatics there aint a damn thing wrong with it.

ShockJon
07-27-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Reptile

WELL SAID!!!!! :sun:

A20A1
07-28-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Reptile

And so do I

alphanumericgt2
08-01-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Tx685
Yeah there are nothing wrong with automatics do what u got to do. You can make automatics fast if u just do the steps right. Yeah I agree with the scene being big in San Diego because it in California! The scenes are big in Denver too!!:D

the scene here in CO is not as big as in Cali. If you include trucks... for some reason, there aren't too many nice rides that you see on the roads, there is a decent scene here, but...

ShockJon
08-01-2002, 10:57 PM
The "Shifttronic" controller doesn't work on all honda models... I have a 93 accord and level ten told me on the phone that they did not make one for that car "YET".... but the rebuild kit they do make.....

strodda
08-02-2002, 05:18 PM
i got another question about a/t's. if i shift manually, and i shift, to say 3rd gear. if im going 60, normally the car would go into 4th and coast if i let off the gas. is there any harm in keeping it in 3rd, so i get a quicker reaction when i hit the gas again??

Add your comment to this topic!