Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi WRX STi fit issues and unfair criticisms

mickbench
04-25-2006, 10:35 AM
This is just an apology to the way I publicly belittled the Fujimi WRX STi model kit I was constructing.

Even though I’ve since been round the forum on here, and deleted any derogatory statement I made in regards to Fujimi (I think), in essence the postings I made were, put simply made out of shear frustrations. Classic case of posting first and not thinking it through, and overreacting

I’ve posted this publicly as I’ve already had one or two comments directed towards me of how stupid I’d been, I trust this thread will not be moved or deleted as it does relate to model building, of a kit that no one else appeared to have posted up as a WIP on here, and so I know the kit had a lot of focus. I think this just placed additional pressures to get it built correctly, and in the end I burnt my mental abilities out, and acted very childish.

Lurchio
04-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Mick, Don't worry about it, seriously!
Venting is good. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Everyone know's you are a good builder (in only 16 months) so if you want to slag of a kit you are entitled.
One man's meat is another mans poison after all!

Keep venting, rational argument is boring after all! :)

tonioseven
04-25-2006, 11:07 AM
I agree!!:)

willimo
04-25-2006, 11:14 AM
I read your post and didn't see anything unfair in there. I wish I'd kept up with the thread, now I'm really curious about what other's takes were on it. Being frustrated with a kit is ok. Venting your frustration here is ok, too, and probably better than smashing the kit (ahem, Tonio ;)). A kit that is frustrating to get together isn't the best engineered kit. Even if the mistake was yours (I've no idea?) then it was poor instructions.

Don't go off the deep end on us, mate.

tonioseven
04-25-2006, 11:41 AM
:icon16:

gionc
04-25-2006, 11:41 AM
I agree with guys and I'm wondering, Mick, if someone push you on that, I hope not.
BTW your until now is only an helpful approach to all want to do those, and if at least is an your mistake, well just a little sorry (to Fuji) and all ok: we're all friends here, not pro-relationship needed, all we feel about modelling, if isn't outrageous, is ok. Your wasn't outrageous with Fuji to me :)

RallyRaider
04-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Don't worry mate, no problem here at all. The thread you deleted was a quite well mannered dissusion of a problem with a kit and how to solve it. The pictures of the finished model turned out superb, so if anything you made Fujimi look good! As for the do not trust Fujim line. We'll I wouldn't trust any kit maker to get everything 100% right. But that is all part of the fun of our hobby. If it was easy anybody could do it, right? :lol:

Talking about models is what this forum is all about, good and bad. Sure we have guidelines but none were even close to being strained in this instance as far as I can tell.

winstona
04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Mick,

I have to thank you for alerting us on this, as I am planning to get this kit. I am still going to buy one but will be extra careful when attaching the body. I will also be getting different wheels and may be lower the ride height a little when I build it.

Winston

Scale-Master
04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I didn't see your earlier posts, but I like your style in this one... - Mark

Add your comment to this topic!