Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

300 to spend on amp and dual 12 in subs..but which ones?

JunkTitleGolf
04-25-2006, 12:16 AM
Ok I have 300 USD and I am needing to get 2 12's and an amp right now I am using a Pioneer 520T and an Dub200 sub. But since I got a new box. I need new stuff and my parents are giving me money. I want enough for it to thump but I don't want to spend a bunch of money. I was thinking if I had to I could get another pioneer amp and dub sub...that way it would leave me with about 100 dollars left over and would all be matching. If I do change the amp though I want to get like a 5/4 channel setup so that I can power my door speakers. It's horrible my girlfriends car with almost a full xplod setup can get louder than mine. But she has a 4 channel amp for her doors. Also if it makes any difference I drive a 95 VW Golf. Which has tweeters in the dash and in the back doors. I need to also change door speakers and that's why I was leaning more towards doing the pioneer/dub setup but they aren't anywhere near the best in the world. What do you guys/gals recommend?

colby67
04-25-2006, 08:55 AM
check ebay for deals
and for your 5/4 channel amps there mostly for doors you would need a one or two channel amp for your subs and those dub200 wont last to long

PaulD
04-25-2006, 06:09 PM
try buying stuff incrementally ....... you already have a bunch of lower price equipment. Buy one nicer peice at a time.

chevy_chic20041
04-25-2006, 08:31 PM
it really depends on what kind of sound your looking for if you want something decent you will spend a little bit and it doesn't matter about your car as long as you give the subs the right air space i also usually run a smaller amp to the other speakers rather then running them to the same amp as the sub but thats my personal preferance...really it comes down to what you want and what you think sounds good....and goodluck getting it set up:grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!