Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Intake and Exhaust

jimbo284
04-24-2006, 11:49 PM
I was sitting in class one day and I was pondering how an intake and exhaust upgrade would help my car out. If so, what kinds of products have the best results? And what other small little upgrades could I do to maximize performance? Any suggestions would be great. I have an 03 CVPI. Thanks all.

ModMech
04-29-2006, 11:17 AM
The '01 up CVPIs already have the largest exhaust PIPE that you need unless you install a "power adder" like N2O, or a blower.

The mufflers are NO problem at all, as the exhaust gasses cool, they take up less space (cool gas is smaller than the same amount of warm gas), so changine MUFFLERS is for accoustics ONLY.

On the intake side, without spending well over $2000 for the SVO intake, the only REAL gains would be to install the Maraudre MAF/air filter combo (comes as a complete assembly for $160-$200), BUT you NEED a "chip" or tune to make it work properly. For that, I strongly suggest that ONLY someone that uses Superchips Custome Tuning (SCT) software/programming be allwed to even look at your computer. (www.blueovalchips.com - Lonnie is GREAT).

Chris at www.adtr.net can help with the MAF/Filter assembly, and these TWO things are good for some very noticeable power improvements.

No, a larger TB will NOT improve power, but it *may* give you quicker throttle response.

Add your comment to this topic!