Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

s600 w/ LEDS

urban1979
07-17-2002, 02:18 PM
ok. wanted to add light to one of my models.. . did it.. worked.. but the rest of the model fell apart.. its the mercedes s600... left it on the window sill to dry..tires started cracking... 3 cracked..so no more tires... so just took them offf with the rims.

i "welded" the grill (which included the leds) on to the body with the testors.. . seems like a few days later. the glue kepy eating its way to the outside of the paitn. u can see that in the front shot..

puttied it.. painted again. masking tape left crap on windshield. and a few days later.. dip reappeared again..

but hey the LEDs work. they are from "photon" lights powered by its battery. and set on a a radio shack mirco slide switch set on underside of car...

maybe i can salvage this model somehow any help>

ales
07-17-2002, 02:45 PM
Looks nice, but I don't think it's salavageable :( Especially since the windshield seems ruined (it it?) But the leds do look good. Did you also install them in the tail lights? And could you take some more pictures, especially in the dark.

ALEX

crab
07-17-2002, 03:06 PM
oh what a sad sight :( ... another MB ruined... sigh... :cry:

jaykit21
07-17-2002, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't say it's ruined. Not by a long shot. The windows can be fixed with some clear plastic polish/cleaner. 3M makes it under its marine cleaners product line. I've used it alot and it works well. The front of the car needs work, but nothing impossible. You could make a grill that would fit there after you smoothed and sanded the bad areas. It'll just take some time. :bandit:

Forhod
07-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Looks nice... with the LED :)
where is the batt?

Add your comment to this topic!