Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help I need to fix my truck

underline412
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
My 94 redeo is leaking lots of coolent from 1 of the top main lines It's not one of the rubber hose's its metal and goes down into the motor I can squeeze the hose I can hear it but not see it under all the wire's & hose's in the way What should I do?:screwy: :banghead:

Ramblin Fever
04-24-2006, 02:30 PM
To change out the hose is the only way to cure the leak, radiator hose tape may help for a VERY tiny tiny hole - but I wouldn't count on it, and then it's to only be used to get you to the store to buy the new hose.

Not quite sure though what hose you're referring too?

If you have all original hoses at 12yrs of age, I would HIGHLY recommend changing them all out - there are 12 total on my '97 3.2L.

But one should pay particular attention to the 7 primary hoses, i.e. lower & upper radiator hoses (big ones), 2 heater core hoses, 1 by-pass hose, and the 2 throttle coolant hoses.

Do not allow the leak to continue, these engines are all aluminum and will overheat quickly - i.e blown headgaskets major $$$

df2000
04-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I think you talking about 2 collector pipes in middle of the engine. These pipes have O-rings which probably shrink and need replace. There was a very nice post with pictures some times ago by "surferfletch" about these pipes.

Add your comment to this topic!