Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Small shake when accelerating

joeuser742
04-24-2006, 11:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion what this could be. My truck has a small shake when I accelerate when stopped. It only happens at inital take off, but once I'm moving, it doesn't happen. I just put new motor mounts and trans mount on. Could it be that I need to adjust the mounts a certain way or maybe something else?

JoshBarber
04-24-2006, 11:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion what this could be. My truck has a small shake when I accelerate when stopped. It only happens at inital take off, but once I'm moving, it doesn't happen. I just put new motor mounts and trans mount on. Could it be that I need to adjust the mounts a certain way or maybe something else?

if it has just started SINCE doing these mounts, I'd look to them first for sure.
if it was prior to the mounts, How's your alignment? Tire-wear? Etc?

BlazerBoyLT98
04-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Could be the u joints on the drive shaft are going, i would only feel a shimmy at low speeds, once going along over like 10 it would go away. Check that out. Good luck

joeuser742
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
The shake was there before the new mounts, but now it is much more noticeable. One mount was ripped and maybe that's why I didn't feel it as much before. New tires, alignment, brakes....and everything else. I've actually had something similar happen with another truck I had, and it was the trans mount. Right now I'm leaning towards ujoints.
I'd like to add that it feels like the shake/shimmy is in the front and it's not in 4wd.

the87hyper
04-24-2006, 12:02 PM
The shake was there before the new mounts, but now it is much more noticeable. One mount was ripped and maybe that's why I didn't feel it as much before. New tires, alignment, brakes....and everything else. I've actually had something similar happen with another truck I had, and it was the trans mount. Right now I'm leaning towards ujoints.

Yup more then likely the u-joints. Mine did the same thing. Just replace them there rather in-expensive and dont take but a hr to do. Good luck

BlazerBoyLT98
04-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I had a Jeep CJ7 that ate ujoints like they were going out of style

joeuser742
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the replys, I'm going to replace the ujoints and go from there.

BlazerBoyLT98
04-24-2006, 04:45 PM
hey it's worth it, cheap replacement

Add your comment to this topic!