Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ahhhhhh Crap!!!!

BlitzKeg
04-24-2006, 09:28 AM
hello my fellow rotarians, I'm going through some bumps in the road as of plans for my new love.......I bought a beatiful 90 FC about a month ago...

It was kinda of an impulse buy. The Rx7 is in immaculate condition and is just oh so sexy, It was owned by a reverend...Closest thing to an old lady as you can get.... I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance...

Anyways my problem is the car has an automatic transmisson plus, as you prolly already know, its naturally aspired...I had my heart set on a engine swap to the turbo engine...

I learned that all turbo engines for the FCs came with manual transmissons....

Now hopefully this is a stupid question and its a common problem....but should I either look into swaping the engine and transmisson, which I have no problem doing if I know it will work out fine, or go ahead and mildly modify my n/a and buy a turbo FC and go to town on it. :evillol:

any suggestions, comment or advice will be appreciated. :cheers:

drftk1d
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
either way would work, just the auto manual swap takes work since you need a custom trans crossmember to fit the holes where the manual needs to go and you need the turbo driveshaft (but youd need that anyway).

but if you can just find a turbo rx7 go for it

endeffect0
04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that if you swap a turbo engine and manual turbo trany you will need to replace the drive shaft with the turbo version as well as the entire rear end. While you’re at it you could upgrade to the turbo brakes and 4 piston calipers just to keep all that extra power in check. It might be worth trying to find a wrecked TII to pull all the parts from.

Good luck. And post some pics of your baby when u get the chance

drftk1d
04-26-2006, 11:02 AM
i have an extra set of those 4 piston calipers and i dont know if i want to get rid of them or not

Add your comment to this topic!