Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SVX's potential finally surfacing.

NikFu S. TypeAR!!1
04-24-2006, 03:04 AM
I thought I would bring this to light in this very dark corner of the forum, maybe some wandering sole will take notice of the monumental occasion.

First some back story.

Really short backstory.

SVX is not popular, has no aftermarket real support but is kind of a Frankenstein on Nissan and other makes. ANyhoo, this guy pops up with his ECUTune stuff.
www.ecutune.com
Guy is a genius. Starts an ambitious project.
eg33sc.
All begins here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21344

As of tonight, the beginning ends here:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25555&page=31

LAN as we call him is running his #1 production supercharger kit on his SVX. He's touched up the fuel maps and is running an astonishing 12lbs of boost on stock internals, with the stock transmission and his only problem is keeping tires on the ground.
Actual dynographs and timeslips will be in soon, but a good estimation of power is in the mid 400s range.

STI killer FTW.

This is all very exciting.

I'm only stage 1, and looking towards stage 2 pretty soon, and there are a few other FI projects going on but this is by far the coolest thing to come into the forum for a long time.

---
FYI if you are not technically literate to not attempt to read the threads. Your head will explode multiple times.

NikFu S. TypeAR!!1
04-27-2006, 11:22 PM
LANs SVX-sc, stock internals, stock 4spd auto tranny, dynoed today.
Result:270 whp & 297wtq. Equals about 385 crank hp.And that's before fine tuning.

From the plots I can tell that with the final software we will be putting down at least 290 wheel hp which works out to 415 crank hp. With the stock auto.
Awesome.

With the smaller geared 4.44s or 4.11s, and 5 and 6 MTs ofcourse the numbers will be slightly higher.

pod
08-10-2006, 03:43 AM
that is about as awesome as they come...
allways wanted a svx... but i needed a manual and was too lasy to do a swap

cantgo2fast
08-12-2006, 03:54 AM
how is the feel after the stage 1 im thinking about buying one but i cant own a car and not make it go faster but with this car a chip and exaust and intake would be all id do

Add your comment to this topic!