Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 S-10 4.3L spark plugs

nodollaznosense
04-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Man these are in some tricky ass spots at first glance, anything have to be removed to get to them? thanks

gmtech79
04-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Go through the fender wells with an extension and/or a swivel. You may need to remove the air cleaner assembly for the left bank. No need to remove anything else, even the steering shaft.

MT-2500
04-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Piece of cake/gravy gob after you have do a few 100 of them.
Like said go threw the fender wells.
And on the center one on drivers side.
Get a good plug socket with a wrench head on it and use a box end wrench on plug socket.
And make sure you use the good OEm type AC-Delco plugs or you will be sorry you do not.
MT

RahX
04-23-2006, 11:20 PM
^^^^ what he said. Bosch platinums might cost more and have a fancy gimmick but they SUCK.

jsgold
04-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Just curious, anyone have any experiance with Autolite platinum plugs? I used them and Autolite wires since the a-holes at Advance quit stocking them here. I have a poor idle and am wondering if these things may be a problem. Slight miss, have checked everything I could think of. Had not heard much on Autolites mentioned on here but have seen AC Delcos recommended as only choice.

dmbrisket 51
04-28-2006, 12:28 AM
autolites are a no no in our blazers, AC Delco plats, if you have to go to a better parts store to get them then so be it

blazee
04-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Just curious, anyone have any experiance with Autolite platinum plugs? I used them and Autolite wires since the a-holes at Advance quit stocking them here. I have a poor idle and am wondering if these things may be a problem. Slight miss, have checked everything I could think of. Had not heard much on Autolites mentioned on here but have seen AC Delcos recommended as only choice.

AC Delcos are the most reliable. I've got 60,000 miles on my autolite platinum plugs and wires. I have not had any problems with them, and my engine runs great. I've heard that there's lower quality control with Autolites, and that you're more likely to get a bad plug than with AC Delco. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you're lucky enough to get a good set. If you got a bad plug, it could cause miss that you're experiencing.

spasticone
05-04-2006, 09:31 AM
I'd like to throw in my vote for bosch platinums sucking. They are no no's in higher mile cars as they tent not to clean themselves well. I was parts manager at a performance vw/honda shop for a few years and they HATED platinums. constant cause of missfires in v-6 chevy's too.

jsgold
05-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the input. I will change out both plugs and wires first chance I get to see if this helps. My truck gets decent mileage, shows no signs of cpi trouble, and I have checked every other component on it to try and find the misfire, which occurs at idle ONLY, so maybe this is the problem.

RahX
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Really any plug BUT Bosch should work out pretty good. AC Delco/NGK/Denso are probably my top 3 favorite plugs to use.

Add your comment to this topic!