Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2.0... problems blah help please

baade987987
04-23-2006, 06:44 PM
I recently added a Pacesetter Full catback to the car and cold air intake and high flo cat... it has started smelling like its burning oil or something like the header isn't tight i checked it and its fine and the motor starts ticking and what not really loud like its coming from the valves... im confused the car dies at lights anymore i'll push the clutch in and it starts shaking almost dying completely... im lost with this car and information would be helpful thanks!:banghead:

IcemanJ23
04-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Problem has something to do with either the mass air flow sensor or the O2 sensor in the header. Check to make sure that both are working properly. Most likely O2 sensor though b/c if it were the mass air flow sensor the car prolly wouldn't run.

baade987987
04-27-2006, 08:36 PM
The smell though... could the O2 senor be making it run rich there is a small exhaust leak from the header into the cat as well. because it feels like almost a complete loss in horsepower as well it just doesn't pull anymore, and the ticking? what does that mean? im sorry for all of the questions i'm confused

i think the exhaust leak is making in run rich with less backpressure and inturn may have fouled out the plugs... anything you tell me will be helpful thanks

NeonKnight
05-08-2006, 05:48 PM
The ticking could be your low on oil. My probe ticks when i am low on oil. check it out, you prob need a quart. if that does nothing then it is possible you have a lifter sticking... or a bad one. try running some oil additives and see if that helps. if not then have it looked at.

Add your comment to this topic!