Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cost of replacing exhaust manifold '00 CVPI

stinky monkey
04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Can anyone tell me the average cost of replacing the Drivers side Exhaust Manifold on a 2000 Crown Vic PI. The car is from up north and has a lot of rust so the studs will break and the head will need to be drilled and tapped.
Thanks for any info anyone can give. I feel my Ford dealership is trying to rape me on this repair.

cobradude360
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM
how much are they trying to charge u?

stinky monkey
04-26-2006, 11:54 AM
how much are they trying to charge u?

Well they want a grand plus tax to do the Exhaust Manifold plus what ever it would cost to drill, tap and replace the studs in the head. For some reason they never could give me a price for that. They then suggested I get a new head or new engine. 3 grand and 5 grand. There is nothing wrong with the engine it runs greats. Needless to say I said screw you guys, give me my car. I am just going to drive it the way it is for now. I can only hear the leak when the engine is under strain, ie getting up to highway speed or going up a hill or overpass.

way2old
04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
We replace manifolds on the 4.6 monthly. We did one in about 1 1/2 hours. Others have taken up to 2 full days to get it repaired correctly. So, this is probably something that would be charged by the time needed. Sorry.

fleettech
04-30-2006, 08:42 AM
If it is just leaking under a load then why not try to loosen the 2 bolts where the pipe bolts up and try to re-seat it on the flange. also have your motor mounts checked it could be rocking too far. I would find a private shop for on the car sense its out of warranty the dealer will rape you on a job like that.

Add your comment to this topic!