Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RB26DETT is restricted?

i luv drift
04-23-2006, 05:13 AM
I once read on a website about GTR that the RB26DETT has this thing called a "govenor" which is like a small computer thing that restricts the engine from producing max power. It sed if u take this off the RB can go up to 450hp. is it true?

Driftkingz
04-30-2006, 08:05 AM
no if that were true everyone would be running around with 450hp skylines,
but it is resticted some what and power is easier to acheive than other cars.

sv650s
05-02-2006, 05:11 PM
I once read on a website about GTR that the RB26DETT has this thing called a "govenor" which is like a small computer thing that restricts the engine from producing max power. It sed if u take this off the RB can go up to 450hp. is it true?

probably, most cars have one so they can keep reliable and maybe to pass emissions......i wouldn't reccomend taking it off (can't remember why but i think it keeps your car from going faster than your crank or something)....you can just get a chip that adds a couple of hp and will bypass the governor + you can't go up to 450 without a governor since you can't unleash hp that wasn't hidden in the first place

Dori Ninja
07-21-2006, 03:34 PM
ur prolly thinking of the Gentelmens agreamnet that was set in Japan up until a couple years ago. it stated that all auto makets were to produce no more than 280ps out of there cars. now rumor had it that the GTR only claimed to abide by this agreement, but in reality they pushed more power from them (which is another reason y they are so highly thought of, cause everyone else stuck to the 280ps limit hehehe)

SkylineUSA
07-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Nothing governs the power! Top speed yes, but not power. Unless you consider the exhaust, stock boost, and intake do limit the engine. But, those are an easy fix, like what was metioned, need a chip to get rid of the speed limter, but if your going to upgrade the exhaust, intake, and run a boost controller, you're going to need to map it.

mmcleo11
09-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Hi flow air filters, a 3" exhaust from the turbos back and raise the boost to 13psi should see around 400Hp@wheels... Nothing restricted about that ;)

Add your comment to this topic!