I have issues with my starter; Please help

ty_relican
04-22-2006, 10:08 PM
I have a 95 teg LS and I have a clutch bypass on it b/c I used to have a remote start. N E Wayz sometimes my car will start like normal and sometimes it wont even try to start. Now when it dosent start I can start it by using a jumper wire on the starter and it will fire rite up.. Do I need a new starter or is it something in the wireing???? Any halp would be greatly appriciated...

clampjockey
04-23-2006, 11:43 PM
your starter is fine or it wouldn't start with the jumper wire. probably bad ground, probably whats causing your distributor problem as well. if that's the case, your old distributor is probably fine as well

ty_relican
04-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the info.. Do you have any Idea which ground is bad? And if it is bad why does it start sometimes? I have the wire diagrams but I cant follow the wires to where they actually ground???

clampjockey
04-25-2006, 01:48 PM
check the one from your tranny to the body, on auto's is right unger the air box. maybe try running a jumper wire right from the starter to a body point, if it works after that then you know its a ground somewhere for sure

robTypeGs-R
04-25-2006, 02:47 PM
bring it to a mechanic your gonna fuck it up

ty_relican
04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Its a manual tranny.

clampjockey
04-26-2006, 10:38 AM
regardless of the tranny, there should be some grounds somewhere from something to the body somewhere, and don't listen to rob, you basically have your problem figured out, you just have to find where the problem is. it is something simple, you aren't gonna f*** it up.

ty_relican
04-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh I know I wont fuck it up I built the car. its just the electrical shit that gets me stumped. Thanks for the info bro. I'll dig into it this weekend.

Add your comment to this topic!