Mazdaspeed6

ZmassacreTT
04-21-2006, 08:21 AM
yea i have had the mazdaspeed 6 since jan and i love it. had it since it 12 miles. i absolutely love it. the "haters" are right the turbo craps out after about 5750rpms and the evo and sti will beat it, but not by much. i just shift like right at 5800rpms and it seems fine. i ran a 14.5 and my friend in a sti ran a 14.2. i test drove a evo 9 and a sti. the mazda just had so much more to offer than the others. not to mention its safer with all the standard airbags. plus no gay ass airplane wing on that shit. so with some simple mods i could be in the 13s. mainly a good chip and that turbo will sing a lil more and it wont top out at 150mph. if i had to decide again id still get the speed6 over the sti and evo. oh yea ive already had the check engine light come on at like 6200 miles for a check valve but no biggy.

also take a look at this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2230297 . that engine has so much technology and efficency to it. soooo much potential. so all you haters...FUCK OFF. naw jus playin but i dont hear of the evo or the sti havin some of the shit this car does under the hood.

and some more info http://comp.autosite.com/2002autosui..._Model=IMPREZA . they got 2 things wrong for the mazda tho. the grand touring (which i have) has day time running lights and a multi function remote with a panic button. in addition to that it has keyless entry and keyless go. i never have to take my key out of my pocket. it's so awesome.

mazdatekchubyninja
08-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I don't think the speed 6 is no where close to an evo 9. Not many supporting mods for this car yet. Turbo back exhaust, boost controller, and dyno flash evo 9 ran 11.9 in the 1/4. Oh there is a Techicnical Service Bulletin for a PCM reflash for your car. Making it less sensitive to spark knock which cut your power, ever felt like 3rd 4th and 5th gear suck sometime.

240slider
01-07-2007, 12:04 AM
take it easy shifting too hard .we had a guy bring one to the shop he spun the synchro bent the shift fork and grinded the gear .I tore it down and called mazda tech support .I had to wait 3months to get a new tranny from mazda because no mazdaspeed 6 tranny replacment parts were available in the u.s they had to ship it from japan.

Add your comment to this topic!