completly free car parts (cai, mufflers, more)

rick18
04-20-2006, 10:06 PM
ok i just installed my 2.5" straight through exhaust. no cat and no resonator. needless to say it is way to loud. i want to get a removable silencer so that for daily driving it wont be loud but when i go to race i can take it out to let it flow freely. the muffler is a dual tip and i beleive the tips are 3". any suggestions are welcome. please if anyone has any ideas where to get a silencer please tell me or put up a link. also the title was just to get people to look at this thread sorry.

alphalanos
04-20-2006, 10:10 PM
I gave it a better title. Im not too sure you're going to be bale to find a silencer from anyone other than the manufacturer of your muffler. I did the same thing as you (basically, Apex N1 Turbo muffler on 2.5 piping. got it chopped of and now have a regular 'turbo' baffled oval muffler that sounds much better.) Usually you would get a racing muffler, that includes a removable silencer.

rick18
04-20-2006, 10:26 PM
i got a straight through magnaflow dualtip because it was the only muffler that kteller had that didnt have an enormous tip plus my stock muffler was a dual tip. i looked at magnaflows site and they dont have silencers. but i do know places sell universal silencers but they are all for those huge tipped mufflers. so im hoping maybe someone knows of a place.

alphalanos
04-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Well you can either go to a shop and get a resonator welded in, or replace your muffler with one that has a silencer. Personally I would get a resonator. The difference in power isnt noticable, and you should actually get more torque with more backpressure. I had a silencer with my N1 and I hated the way it sounded even then, so I got rid of it.

2002Drew
05-30-2006, 02:30 AM
My silencer was great working and great sounding until my muffler belched it out on the highway, popping the tire of the F350 behind me. D'oh!

Add your comment to this topic!