Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

skunk2 manifold install

projectgsr
04-17-2006, 02:00 AM
i am going to install my new skunk2 manifold tommorrow morning but i have one quick question if anybody has the time. i downloaded some install instructions from off the net and in it the author mentions that not only must i replace my throttle cable and bracket with an itr version but i must also change the throttle pulley. i already bought the cable and bracket but i never bought a pulley because this is the first time i've ever heard such a thing. i was just wondering the validity of that. can i get by with just the cable and bracket or do i also need the pulley that the cable attaches to? thanks everyone.

CivicSpoon
04-17-2006, 11:03 AM
It's true, the GS-R pully pulls the opposite way as the ITR or b16a ones. One pulls from the top, and the other pulls from the bottom (I forget which), but my friend and I ran into that problem about a month ago using a Blox IM on a b18c1.

kris
04-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Even though you have a GSR, you can still use the stock GSR throttle body, and GSR throttle cable. Just bolt the throttle body up on the new manifold, and route the cable the same way.

CivicSpoon
04-18-2006, 11:52 PM
I was wondering if you could do that, seems (obviously) a lot easier and logical that it would work. Of course we didn't have a choice with the swap we did, because the customer wanted it done the way he wanted it done.

Add your comment to this topic!