Lowering vehicle height.

hypedave
04-16-2006, 06:23 PM
I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy 2WD 4DR, if I lower the vehicle height will I see an improvement on gas usage?

excheezhead
04-18-2006, 08:47 AM
I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy 2WD 4DR, if I lower the vehicle height will I see an improvement on gas usage?
do you normally drive over 100 mph? lowering is for looks, not gas milage. it may help with cross winds and cornering a little, if you do it right with spindles, coils, shorter shock, good parts from known manufacturer from dealer with a good rep. IF your truck is at factory height. don't go cheap and get out the torch and lower it junker style, you'll regret it.
lowering for performance is like nascar, you need to be in the weeds, spoilers tuned to re-route airflow, down force, ya know? like wind tunnel stuff.
personally, i lowered mine 2 and 2, but it was part looks, part for my disabled wife to get in easier from her wheelchair, as lowering was cheaper and looked better than installing a lift. even she liked it better. she's gone now, but i still have the truck. anyway, any more than 2-3 inches and you run into clearance problems with stock tires.wheels, etc. i used a good shop with warrenty's, belltech equipment, good rep, good warrenty, etc., spindles, i could have done, but had a pro do it so if it breaks, he's gonna fix it!!
good luck, and remember, as Red Green says, "keep your stick on the ice!!":wink::2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!