lincoln ls problems why not class action

jsbach
04-16-2006, 06:37 AM
im sure there must be a thousand of these engine problems where car like mine is shaking then dies with combo other prob like airbag/ horn cruise control and a.c. blowing hot.... all repeatitive problems and bad coils or whatever why not a class action suit on behalf of all lincoln ls owners? i am in massachusetts and this is no coincidence of bad luck i think there should be a suit since some problems were known before like using same bad gask. and seals that wee used in the ford taurus sho.... i found that on here by someone else. but there must be alot of us out there where car starts losing poser riding rough like going over continuous speed bumps and finally dying.... all within a week or two.... out of blue with no warning... really why do dealers know that the ls is not aging well at all ???? everyone is in on it so i think the courts would lean favorable to such reported problems with thiis car ....:evillol: :rofl: :smokin: :naughty: :banghead: :grinyes:

Quik_LS
04-16-2006, 08:25 PM
It's been the best car I have ever owned.

You have to remember - a forum like this - people post their problems, sometimes looking for answers - sometimes just to rant.

So it can give a preception that all owners are having issues.....

jsbach
04-16-2006, 09:15 PM
how many miles on your car? it is very awesome looking indeed do you use it alot? i needed a car which was reliable to get to doctors 60 mile round trip every day since 2002 plus everyday travel.... i have 3 cars one truck and two lincolns this one is the one i use for travel most often so it did not age well is yours with 60,000miles? i think a class action would be helpfull to those who have cars with miles over 56,000milse or so where and when these similar problems arise... maybe not though, i wish i could just get the problems fixed so i could at least trade it in since i still owe 15k on it.... i will be buying a sts 2005 or 3006 this week just the same.....

crapeyes
10-06-2006, 03:03 AM
im sure there must be a thousand of these engine problems where car like mine is shaking then dies with combo other prob like airbag/ horn cruise control and a.c. blowing hot.... all repeatitive problems and bad coils or whatever why not a class action suit on behalf of all lincoln ls owners? i am in massachusetts and this is no coincidence of bad luck i think there should be a suit since some problems were known before like using same bad gask. and seals that wee used in the ford taurus sho.... i found that on here by someone else. but there must be alot of us out there where car starts losing poser riding rough like going over continuous speed bumps and finally dying.... all within a week or two.... out of blue with no warning... really why do dealers know that the ls is not aging well at all ???? everyone is in on it so i think the courts would lean favorable to such reported problems with thiis car ....:evillol: :rofl: :smokin: :naughty: :banghead: :grinyes: I feel like I'm in a nightmare....Just like you....EVERY problem you mentioned and then some (common for MANY LS owners) and its financially kickin my ass, is unsafe,and seems to not have a remedy to end the hell !!!

dream220
08-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I have owned an 2004 Lincoln ls for 6 months and I have 48000 miles on it it misfires even after the Winner Ford dealership in Newark,DE charged me $510.00 to replace coils #3 & #6, replace 6 coil boots, fuel injection service and a tune up. The problem is worse than before and my windows, doors and trunk are often all open when I come outside. I also got out of the car and locked it, walked away and saw everything open all at once naturaly the dealership mechanics say they can't recreate the problem so that's not fixed. There are way too many people out there who just do not post anything about the problem but I am going to the media with it because the should be a recall.

shorod
08-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Why should it be a recall? Does it risk your safety, or the safety of others on the road? Has the car stalled while you were driving it which caused you danger?

From your post, it doesn't sound like you have reason to pursue a recall here.

As for the windows going down on their own, when you left the car at the dealership for them to troubleshoot, did you leave the keyfob that you use with them? If you hold the unlock keyfob button for a few seconds, the windows will lower just as you describe. Maybe the problem is with the particular keyfob you carry rather than with the car. Try leaving your keyfob at home or using a different fob for you car.

Are you sure what you are experiencing is a misfire? Your LS has a misfire monitor in the component parameters. With a good scan tool, you can access these misfire monitors to determine if the car is actually misfiring, or if maybe the problem is something else, such as a vibration in the engine or transmission. While this is still not a positive thing, if you are telling the dealership that you have a misfire, when really it is a vibration, they may be searching for the wrong issue, or not performing the correct tests to track it down. Make sure you are describing the issue rather than trying to tell them what you think the problem is.

Just as you mention there are a lot of people who don't post about their problems with the LS, there are certainly a lot of people very pleased with their LS's that don't post either.

-Rod

'97ventureowner
08-08-2007, 10:57 PM
im sure there must be a thousand of these engine problems where car like mine is shaking then dies with combo other prob like airbag/ horn cruise control and a.c. blowing hot.... all repeatitive problems and bad coils or whatever why not a class action suit on behalf of all lincoln ls owners?
Just wanted to add my :2cents: to the discussion. Not all class actions suits benefit the plaintiffs,(in fact most do not) other than to make the lawyers rich. When there is a judgment against the defendants, the plaintiffs usually get very little after all the legal fees and associated costs are deducted from the settlement. I've been party to a few of these class action suits over the years and I think the most I ever received was a $20 coupon for a future purchase from the defendant:screwy: . I remember seeing an investigative report a few years back on one of those 20/20 type news shows that looked into class action suits. Their findings pretty much echoed the fact that the lawyers who brought the suit and represented the plaintiffs were the ones who made out the best.

bmwgolfguy
08-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Class actions only happen when there is money to be had.......... for the lawyers.

I would think you could GOOGLE this and find any potential suits that have been filed. Some class actions start in state courts but are then "removed" to Federal court due to "diversity jurisdiction", meaning multiple parties involved living in many states. A lot of them are brought in St. Louis Federal District Court because it is believed to be a Plaintiff's lawyer's bastion. It's not quite that simple to get the case in that district, but that is a story for another time.

As mentioned earlier, class actions only get filed if the lawyers think they can get the class "certified". This means a suit gets filed and the judge assigned to the case has to make a dertermination if a class is merited under the law.... whatever that is.

There are currently two seperate suits still pending against GM over the Dex-Cool anti-freeze problem. It seems the anti-freeze is finding its way into the car's oil system and fries the engine if not spotted early; kind of like some cancers. There is also a possible sludge problem with the Dex-Cool. It is affecting primarily the Series II 3800 V-6 engine, which engine found its way into a lot of GM cars. GM of course denies the problems even exist. A Toronto TV station did an expose on this a few years ago. I don't know their current status, but I believe one is in St. Louis FDC and the other in a San Francisco FDC.

Finally relief, if granted by the court, is often in the form of a fix the problem and not $. Have you checked to see if you can arbitrate this? Your owners manual should outline the procedure, as might your state's Lemon Law.

If you can find the case names, the law firms representing the Plaintiff's will be listed. You can then call that firm or firms and see if they are interested in your case. You will know right away if they have any interest. They even may tell you a suit is pending somewhere.

Good Luck!:naughty:

Add your comment to this topic!