Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Jimmy SLT Need some suggestions

RI1470
04-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Hello All,

I've got a 2000 Jimmy SLT, and I've been having a couple of intermittent problems. I've got an intermittent Check engine light which I just got the codes for today.

0108 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input
0122 - Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input

Is it easier to just replace the MAP and TPS sensor instead of trying to fix the sensor?

Secondly, I’ve got a problem with the driver’s power window. It will work for a couple of months, then stop working for a few days to a week. When it stops working the switch gives a clicking sound when depressed. I don't have to do anything to make it work again; it just comes back by itself. I've checked the wiring harness going to the switch, and all of the switch connections all are good. Any ideas?

Thanks for all of the suggestions

CanukGMC
04-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Dunno about the faulty motor but for the sensor errors you are getting you could start by cleaning the heck out of the throttle body with TB cleaner. It might at least clear up the TPS error you are getting, maybe even both, alot of gum builds up in there over time.

nesparky
08-06-2006, 12:59 PM
hey ive got the same power window problem on my 2000. what seems to happen is the window unit seems to over torque the window shut then locks up. i have just been diligent in rolling up my window and stopping just short of a tight seal and havent had problems since.

loots42
08-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I had the same problem w/ my drivers door window. I finally put a replacement motor in and it has been working fine for a year now. Putting the motor in was pretty easy. You just take the inner door panel off. Then you can get at the arms and track that the window rides on. Drill out a few rivots, replace the motor, and put back in.

Be very careful when you drill out the rivots holding the motor/spring. When it lets loose, the spring unwinds and could door some serious damage.

Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!