Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 PI trans question

BostonKev
04-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Bought an auction car 2 weeks ago, 70k & trans seems to run nice. When I emptied the trans. pan today I saw what appears to be a plastic plunger with a rubber gromet on it. I assume this came from the valve body. Can anyone confirm this and let me know if it is fairly easy to put back in place? A diagram would be ideal. Thank you

cobradude360
04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
let me guess it was yellow and it looked like you could put it on the end of your fishing poll and use it as a bobber if so then theres nothing to worry about if that is what you are talking about then it was a plug for the trans dipstick to keep the fluid from coming out during assemble and when the dipstick was shoved in it is forced down into the pan and is just left there until someone changes the fluid so thats also agood way to tell if the previous owner has changed the fluid
hope this helps
Riley

BostonKev
04-16-2006, 02:20 PM
phewwwwwwwww. Now I can put it back together. I really appreciate the help. Thank you

cobradude360
04-16-2006, 07:51 PM
no problem any time i know i was scared to but then i read up on it and was like oh and threw it away

Add your comment to this topic!