Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help here?

richard petrus
04-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey guys i have a questio for you. What does double cluching mean?

SLoe
04-16-2006, 01:46 AM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=375770

The search feature is very useful.

CarGuy88
07-21-2006, 11:21 PM
it means while puting the cluth, during shifting, you dont let off the gas

LowETz
07-21-2006, 11:26 PM
it means while puting the cluth, during shifting, you dont let off the gas

Actually.... that is power shifting.

Dbl. clutching is used by truckers. At the end of any given gear, the clutch pedal is depressed and the gas pedal is "goosed" once or twice between gear changes, generally to help keep engine speed up before engaging the next gear-

SLoe
07-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Actually.... that is power shifting.

Dbl. clutching is used by truckers. At the end of any given gear, the clutch pedal is depressed and the gas pedal is "goosed" once or twice between gear changes, generally to help keep engine speed up before engaging the next gear-
Actually powershifting is not using the clutch ;) you break shit that way.

Actually, not letting of the gas is a no lift shift :lol:

Actually this thread is old and useless due to the fact there is a sticky in performance section of E/T/L about double clutching (posted above). :smooch:

Ed: I might add here that I used to drive a truck, and I never double clutched. I didn't use the clutch at all except to get the truck into first gear. The "goosing" of the gas you described is rev matching. To get the engine turning at the same speed as the tranny and make the shift easier. :2cents:

blue02ws6
08-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Actually powershifting is not using the clutch ;) you break shit that way.

Ed: I might add here that I used to drive a truck, and I never double clutched. I didn't use the clutch at all except to get the truck into first gear. The "goosing" of the gas you described is rev matching. To get the engine turning at the same speed as the tranny and make the shift easier. :2cents:

Which isnt a very good idea unless you have a proshifted transmission. They don't put clutches on cars just for the hell of it.:grinno:

I would also call not being able to tell if the car is manual, powershifting, no matter if it is no lift or whatever you want to break it down to.

Add your comment to this topic!