Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turbo GSR

Airdale Mech.950
04-14-2006, 11:31 PM
I just swapped a GSr into my 93 Del sol and I have a turbonetics t3/t4/ full kit Greddy 2.5 all the way back and Zex 150 shot of nitrous in my intercooler besides the obvious upgrade of fuel I have bigger injectors ported and polished intake manifold turbo cams and a Mugen chipped p28 ecu and a Vafc 2 stage 3 ACT 6puck. How many psi can I run on stock internals? Im really not tryin to replace the block with sleeves and low comp pistons and rods but I more concerned with winning. I do all my work myslef so the only thing I would have to pay for is the parts. I wanna push at least 250 300 without the nitrous. is that possible on stock internals?? If I replace all that shit I wanna push at least 500. Feedback greatly appreciated
Very Respectfully
Airmen Kramer

superbluecivicsi
04-15-2006, 02:33 AM
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

Schister66
04-15-2006, 09:32 AM
1 thing.....if you have a chipped P28, why the hell are you using a VAFC?? That sounds like the dumbest thing i've heard in a while....get a new chip burned for the P28 and dump the damn hack.

As far as how much "POWER" you can run....not PSI....we need to know the turbo trim before we can tell you that. On a VAFC i wouldn't attempt any more than 250whp. Let me know the trim specs and i'll get back to you

iVteC_PoWeR
04-15-2006, 04:04 PM
if you did all that to your car i think you should have had enough leftover for hondata...if you got the money than get that and tune it...and yes ive seen 250-300whp on stock internals before so it is doable IF your internals arent all worn out...

Airdale Mech.950
04-15-2006, 07:18 PM
so your saying ditch the VAFC okay no problem..I dont understand how that is dumb I thought it may a better power band by correcting the VTEC engagment and fuel mapping. I had my tuning shop chipp the ecu with the Mugen chip. What would be the difference to go Hondata?? Ill find the trim for ya Im still tryin to find the specs without diggin through my shop lookin for the turbo.. The pistons have toda rings brand new on them so they are good.

superbluecivicsi
04-15-2006, 09:32 PM
http://www.pgmfi.org/

Schister66
04-16-2006, 10:33 AM
that Mugen chip isn't going to do shit on boost and if you knew anything about Crome or Uber, you would know that you can adjust the VTEC engagement and 20 other things that the VAFC cant. By the way, the Mugen chip may have helped for NA, but if you intended it for boost, you got ripped off hard.

Airdale Mech.950
04-16-2006, 11:02 PM
no I dont know shit about those units and if I did I wouldn't be on here fucken asking questions. Thats why I research before I spend my money......... I think thats all I need to say. thanx for the advice partner!!!

Add your comment to this topic!