Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Compressor Help

white97ex
04-14-2006, 09:53 PM
OK. I know this has been discussed numerous times here. But I think this one is a little different. I want to run 3 different spray guns off of one compressor. (not at the same time) A single action badger type gun, a paasche dual action, and a Sharpe Finex FX 100. The FX 100 requires around 30 psi. Not sure on the scfm it needs though. Can someone give a good recommendation on a compressor for such an application?

http://www.sharpe1.com/finex.htm

ok, it requires 4.9 CFM

operating pressure is 29 psi. and it has a 1mm tip. I want to be able to run this gun for spraying helmets and large scale bodies and trim panels for 1:1's and the like

freakray
04-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Just get something with at least a 5gal tank, a pressure regulator and moisture trap and get some quick-couplers for the various airbrushes and spray gun.

mike@af
04-15-2006, 07:40 AM
I use a 20 Gallon with my spray guns, and a 2 gallon with my airbrushes.

white97ex
04-15-2006, 07:49 AM
I spent some time shopping for compressors las night. And I'm beginning to think that they might be out of my price range for the time being. The cheapest compressor I found that would push 5 CFM was $230. Kind of bums me out since the FX 100 was only going to cost 109.

How well do the portable air tanks work for an air supply? I DO know that I need a new compressor. This tankless compressor just isn't cutting it.

mike@af
04-15-2006, 09:19 AM
I spent some time shopping for compressors las night. And I'm beginning to think that they might be out of my price range for the time being. The cheapest compressor I found that would push 5 CFM was $230. Kind of bums me out since the FX 100 was only going to cost 109.

How well do the portable air tanks work for an air supply? I DO know that I need a new compressor. This tankless compressor just isn't cutting it.

You need something that will push about 6CFM for a 4.9 CFM gun, otherwise the compressor will not be able to keep up. A stand alone tank without a compressor would be pretty useless, unless you can find one that is about 80 gallons. Spray guns go through use a lot of air, and fast.

white97ex
04-15-2006, 09:21 AM
I know the standalone wont hold up for the fx but what about my smaller guns. like my paasche would there be enough benefit over the tankless compressor?

mike@af
04-15-2006, 10:14 AM
I run my Iwata off of an airbrush compressor with out a tank at a friends, I've had no problems.

white97ex
04-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Well, I've decided to upgrade my compressor. I get a lot of pulsing from my current diaphragm compressor. I got it REALLY cheap. I am going to get the Iwata Power Jet I beleive it is.

Add your comment to this topic!